• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the site and Mopars ...

Glenn 41

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As this title says I am new...
although i am new, I am not new around cars as I prep Formula race cars and European sport cars among others for a living and own a couple of other muscle cars that start with a C. :)

I have been in love / search for an E body preferably a Cuda convertible for a long time...
I finally found one that is not a rot bucket !! Its a 1970 Barracuda grand sport convertible 318 auto " no drive line in car", yellow with urethane front and rear bumpers that I want to do a proper build!! I've been looking around and this site seems to be the place for wisdom,parts,and who knows new friends !!
Like I said I am new to Mopars so I will probably be asking stupid questions and maybe ideas for my project so please bare with me.... Thanks in advance ,Glenn 41

340challconvert

Reaction score
Glenn
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Looking forward to some pics of that Gran Coupe convertible
That is a pretty rare "fish" with only 381, 318-automatics made!

upload_2020-2-8_14-45-0-png-png-png-png.png

A-66
Registry

Glenn 41

Reaction score
Glenn

View attachment 70525
A-66
Registry

Glenn

View attachment 70525
A-66
Registry
Thank you ,
BTW northeast PA
Not much to look at know as it is completely stripped to the shell and getting ready to put on the rotisserie. I know they didn’t make many of those but I don’t think it makes sense to put that type of drive line back in it

moparlee

Reaction score
Hello Glenn 41, welcome to the site from Michigan.
Looking forward to updates on your build.

Glenn 41

Reaction score
So what kind of drive !ine?
The million dollar question... I’ve lost many nights sleep on this one, since I don’t have the original it really makes no sense to do a 318. Then I thought well let’s due a new style hemi/ hellcat . . “Then I thought just won’t sound like and look like old school rumble “ my opinion no offense to others that have done this ! I did get a 68 440 mated to a 727 with the car and six barrel set up, but because of my racing pedigree definitely a 4spd set up which i did find a 18 spline set up already with bell housing, pedals,shifter and tunnel etc as well as 2/3 of a 68 426 hemi everything minus the heads so leaning towards that.... Now what to do about the suspension and brakes as not to kill myself

LA390

Reaction score
Welcome Glenn,
Many of us have been around Mopars for years and still have questions so don't feel that yours might be stipid.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Sounds like a great car!
It's got rubber bumpers on a 318 car?
Any chance you could post up the fender tag of the car?
Is there a build sheet with it? Have you looked behind all the seats and the other suspect places for a build sheet?

Glenn 41

Reaction score
Sounds like a great car!
Is there a build sheet with it? Have you looked behind all the seats and the other suspect places for a build sheet?

Have not found build sheet, when i can and figure out how to post a picture of the fender tag i will.

bill_z

Reaction score
Sounds like a great car!
Welcome from Northern NJ.

@Cuda Hunter, I am curious why you ask as I have a 318 Gran Coupe in Limelight with rubber bumpers. Is this a talked about rare option or just something you like? Personally I think it's a great combo ;)

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: aboard. I wasn't aware that the polyurethane bumpers were even an option on non Cuda's. 50 years later so anything could have been done, and not necessarily by the factory. If your into "Formula One" type racing I am curious as to why not an AAR Cuda type build. The big block motors are very nose heavy and don't handle as well as a more balanced small block package. That is one reason for the popularity with the Gen III Hemi trans plants. Lots of easy power and the block size and weight are similar to the 318/340/360 engines of the era. Same firing order so will have the same type of engine lope/sound as an older v-8. Lots of pictures and documentation.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern NJ.

@Cuda Hunter, I am curious why you ask as I have a 318 Gran Coupe in Limelight with rubber bumpers. Is this a talked about rare option or just something you like? Personally I think it's a great combo ;)

I"m not sure about "rare", but definitely more uncommon. I would really like to know the VON and door sticker dates on these 318 cars. I like this option but typically only see it on cuda's. So it peaks my interest. And I love to learn the history of these cars.
Available Build sheets??

Back