• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbie from New Zealand

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Hi,

Have a 1970 RT/SE 440 Challenger that I have been restoring for years, it is getting closer

0.jpg

IMG_0036 (1).jpeg

AUSTA

Reaction score
Welcome from Oz
Great car are you leaving it black

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan, USA. Tell us some more about your great looking RT/SE.

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Welcome from Oz
Great car are you leaving it black
Paint is a hard decision, been thinking of wrapping it. But current thinking is painting the top half shiny black and from the swage line down red

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Hello and :welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Nice RT SE w a 440 no less.
Engine looking good!
View attachment 58201
Engine is good, it has forged pistons on eagle rods, edelbrock top end package includes heads performer intake and edelbrock cam and lifters. Has a quickfuel carb & TTi headers. Ran the motor in on the dyno and it pulled 490HP pretty pleased with that

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan, USA. Tell us some more about your great looking RT/SE.
I brought the car in California about 15 years ago it was running, not well but did run. The diff had no oil, power steering leaks etc. Motor is fresh and I have run it in on the dyno, 727 has been fully rebuilt with extra hemi clutches, diff is 8 3/4 with 3.91 with heavy duty Yukon LSD. I have fitted a Accusump which is mounted under the drivers side front guard. Have just received my new Legendary interior kit so thats something else I can carry on installing.

Knock Out

Reaction score
All sounds great
Red /black nice combo
Picked an exhaust yet?

1970RTSE

Reaction score
All sounds great
Red /black nice combo
Picked an exhaust yet?
I have fitted neww TTi headers, 1"7/8 small bore and I brought an exhaust system of a guy who had it in a 71 Hemi cuda, it has Edelbrock mufflers

Knock Out

Reaction score
Question
On the SE cars the rear window is smaller with a filler out to the original or stock window
I thought all of these cars had vinyl tops to cover the seam
So I assume you are going the extra mile to be able to paint the top
Very cool

1970RTSE

Reaction score
Yes SE has the small back window, I will stick on the new vinyl roof once it is painted

Knock Out

Reaction score
I would love to hear that exhaust when the time comes

Back