• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbie here today

Rollon

Reaction score
Hi everyone it's nice to be on a forum where one can receive help with enthusiasm I am just starting to work on my sixth Mopar in my life my first one was a 1963 Dodge 330 sedan 318 with three on the tree at the time I was a parts driver just out of high school working for a Chrysler Plymouth international dealer I bought the Dodge from a body man who work there later I traded it straight across for a 67 Plymouth Fury 2 wagon in a nice bronze color with a 383 nice car from a mechanic that work there in 92 I bought a brand new Dakota Sport 4-cylinder 5-speed to use on my Courier job it did an admirable job for me about three years ago I bought a Dodge Rampage Parts vehicle for parts or to restore it's it's waiting in the shop about a year-and-a-half ago I bought a black on black 83 Plymouth Scamp GT with a nice canopy on the back a little over a year ago I purchased a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda project car factory hugger orange black interior was originally a 318 car a couple owners in the past that set it up to be a strip only machine has very very wide 50s on the back and they put a 383 Block in it I was able to buy the car because this last owner already had pancreatic cancer and passed about 3 months after I took possession of the car I don't believe he ever had the title to it so I'm going through the process of getting a three-year bonded title for the state of Washington and joined on here today because when I bought the car there was no steering wheel there were no keys to the car and the steering column was locked I moved it around as best I could with Harbor Freight Tire dollies but that got a little tiresome I had never dug into a steering column on any car in my whole life until recently I just wanted to be able to steer the car with the help from the YouTube on this forum I finally was able to remove the key cylinder very grateful to learn the little details of how to properly do it the rest is not too bad on this car it has the rally type Dash and was set up for the rear window louvers from Factory Though an automatic now I could see this car with a modern Hemi with a 6-speed manual time will tell both the Rampage and the Scamp GT are manual shift 4 speed in the Rampage 5 speed in the Scamp GT
20180418_161403.jpg

Rollon

Reaction score
No Fender tag or build sheet so to the people that want everything stock the car is'nt
'going to be worth a lot to them which is why I'm thinking restomod it is a b H car if I keep it till completion of the project as I have imagined it to look I would probably go for one of the very bright green colors either Limelight or sassy just a clean driver to enjoy that's pretty much all I'm looking for both of the rear quarters need a little bit of attention but other than that we're talking about some light surface rust it's definitely worth saving

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Hey man, is the period key broken on your keyboard?! :lol::lol::lol: Definitely a cool car - please show us more...

Rollon

Reaction score
Thank you for the laugh I'm just being lazy with verbal texting my English school teacher mother it's probably rolling in her grave so to speak seeing as how badly I'm butchering everything haha I'll try to get some more pictures the front fascia Grill bumper is all missing I will have to dig those up two front fenders are not original with the car and are barely bolted on there so there's plenty of things that need to be done

Rollon

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome greeting you inspired me to meet Lee go out to the trailer and take more pictures don't know if I can share more than one at a time sometimes I'm electronically challenged so as you can see it needs a lot of love but I think it's a solid enough project to be worth it I do have the factory rear spoiler it's just broken out on the bottom end of it where it attaches to the brackets just needs a little love

20190226_182940.jpg

20190226_183017.jpg

20190226_183107.jpg

20190226_183124.jpg

20190226_183137.jpg

20190226_183150.jpg

20190226_183211.jpg

20190226_183234.jpg

20190226_183150.jpg

Rollon

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome I will be excited just to get the steering column buttoned-up enough to where I can push the car around in the shop that's my only immediate goal

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from mid Michigan. Looks like it's going to be a nice project. I like those vintage decals and it looks like you have already cleaned up the dash.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Welcome from another Pacific Northwesterner here in Oregon. I think that I remember your car being listed on Craigslist. The only reason I remember it was the rear wing pedestals in the pictures.

Rollon

Reaction score
Thanks guys I live about halfway between Portland and Seattle and bought the car from the Tacoma area

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from your neighbour to the north in British Columbia Canada.
Let us know what parts you need as you go along.
You need a 70 Grille and a header panel, I maybe able to help you.

Rollon

Reaction score
Thank you much for that information I am hoping just to make it a nice driver that actually can be used and enjoyed not a trailer Queen

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Western Wisconsin. It looks like it could become a nice driver and the Lime Lite well I like it a lot and the 383 will put good all around power the only drawback is more power less mileage. Keep us posted on your project good Luck.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Does the bottom of the car look as if it had a black out treatment?
Does the door have another cars door sticker? I may know the guy who has the car that the door came from.
I'm curious if there are holes in the front of the rear quarter, behind the door in front of the rear tires? 4 small 1/8" holes. Any chance of that?

Rollon

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Western Wisconsin. It looks like it could become a nice driver and the Lime Lite well I like it a lot and the 383 will put good all around power the only drawback is more power less mileage. Keep us posted on your project good Luck.
Thank you for the nice welcome you have a beautiful car and my mother grew up in Poynette Wisconsin

Rollon

Reaction score
Does the bottom of the car look as if it had a black out treatment?
Does the door have another cars door sticker? I may know the guy who has the car that the door came from.
I'm curious if there are holes in the front of the rear quarter, behind the door in front of the rear tires? 4 small 1/8" holes. Any chance of that?
It does appear that there's a little bit of black out on the bottom and the person I bought the car from told me that the driver's door is from an AAR car I will check for the holes you mentioned tomorrow

Knock Out

Reaction score
No Fender tag or build sheet so to the people that want everything stock the car is'nt
'going to be worth a lot to them which is why I'm thinking restomod it is a b H car if I keep it till completion of the project as I have imagined it to look I would probably go for one of the very bright green colors either Limelight or sassy just a clean driver to enjoy that's pretty much all I'm looking for both of the rear quarters need a little bit of attention but other than that we're talking about some light surface rust it's definitely worth saving
I found a second build sheet under the rear seat between the springs.
Might be worth a look

Back