• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

NO BRAKE LIGHTS

Big AL

Reaction score
Last year I notice that the brake foot paddle was not coming up all the way and my lights would stay on !.. Well when I put her away for the winter I must have forgotten to check and make sure that the lights were out, Yesterday I notice that the brake lights didn't work so I checked the bulbs and when I turned the headlights on the rear lights come on like they should but not the brake lights when applied could it be that a Fuse is blown !! And if it's the fuse where exactly is the fuse box and which fuse is it
By the way I put all new lights in the rear and still no brake lights.
Any help is much Appreciated.

Rich G.

Reaction score
Fuse box is on the right side of the steering column on the firewall . You might want to check the switch by the brake pedal.

70chall440

Reaction score
The switch is adjustable, held on by a 5/16 (maybe a 1/4") bolt. You slide it down so that when the pedal is up, the switch is depressed, when you step on the brakes it allows the switch to make contact and the lights to come on. Helps to have an assistant or prop up a mirror behind the car so you can see when the lights are on.

Big AL

Reaction score
The switch is adjustable, held on by a 5/16 (maybe a 1/4") bolt. You slide it down so that when the pedal is up, the switch is depressed, when you step on the brakes it allows the switch to make contact and the lights to come on. Helps to have an assistant or prop up a mirror behind the car so you can see when the lights are on.

Thanks 70Chall440 I'll check that in the morning.

70chall440

Reaction score
If you adjust it carefully the brake lights should come on before you are actually applying brake pressure and give you a little more security.

I built my 70 Challenger from about 2000 - 2004(ish) but there were a lot of unfinished things so over time I would address them as I was building my Cuda. Anyway, along that effort I installed a EFI 6 pack which required me to tune it, I was driving up my road (1/2 mile road in the county) and someone was behind me, I kept putting on the brakes and they would just get closer, I thought the dude was just being a A hole. Got it home safely to discover I had no brake lights at all... Crawled under the dash the next day and got that sorted out..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
there is a pink wire from the fuse block that brings power to the switch , it crosses the switch when depressed & goes into the steering column & up to the turn signal switch , you can trace the power with a volt meter

Big AL

Reaction score
Good afternoon Fellas just got back from fixing the problem with the Brake... Long story short
the fuse was blown and the brake switch was stuck !... glad to say it's fixed... Again thanks to all of you for your expertise and help.

Back