• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

OE 26" radiator

John h

Reaction score
I replaced my factory 26" radiator with a cold Case Aluminum 26". My car is a 73 Cuda. The car has not been stock for 30 years, so I was not too worried about replacing but I'm wondering if there is any value in holding onto the the factory piece or if it has any value to others possibly restoring their cars? I understand most people are not "restoring" 72-74 Cudas but possibly some day these years will become fairly desirable as a less expensive alternative to the 70-71 series??? I just don't want to junk it if it's something fairly hard to come by. Would need to be rebuilt. It was not leaking but was also not cooling properly.

Thanks, John

73pettyblue

Reaction score
John
The Radiator is worth something if the upper and lower tanks are in good shape. It is very expensive to refurbish them though. Around $ 500 to $700 What state are you in? 72 to 74 e-bodies are on the rise. Gary

340challconvert

Reaction score
John, personally I would hold on to it. It will always have a value and it can always be sold. The 72-74 Cuda’s are gaining in value, especially since the 70-71’s continue to get more expensive. If you ever decide to sell your Cuda, the new owner may want the original! JMO

John h

Reaction score
John
The Radiator is worth something if the upper and lower tanks are in good shape. It is very expensive to refurbish them though. Around $ 500 to $700 What state are you in? 72 to 74 e-bodies are on the rise. Gary

I'm in Wisconsin. The tanks are good. no leaks and it was holding pressure just fine with a 16LB cap. was actually cooling fine in town, but not on the freeway. Probably needed to be boiled out and reconditioned. I am just sitting on all sorts of parts that have been replaced over the years. these things are taking up space and I doubt I will ever go back to a stock vehicle. I don't have the original drive train.

i_taz

Reaction score
Sometimes space is more valuable... You can hold on to evry bolt waiting for the right guy to come along who can just as easily pick up generic type parts at a swap meet.

Back