• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Oil Filter Adapter Plate

R/T 71

Reaction score
I recently purchased the spin-on adapter plate from Mancini Racing to get rid of the 90 degree oil filter setup on my 340 LA. It is a six hole plate that is supposed to mount in the block, but it stands out about 1/4" from the mounting surface on the block. I talked with Mancini's about this, and they indicated to me that no such problems have been encountered with their product. They said the plate is specifically manufactured for them. Everything I have read indicates the six hole is for a Magnum engine, and the four hole plate is for the LA engines. My engine is a very early production (6/67 casting date), but the LA was around much earlier. Is that a potential issue here? I don't have a four hole plate to compare items. The attached photo shows my problem. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_20220209_101729644.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I went where you are coming from.Because of the manifolds I put on.Drilled extra holes for the high volume pump. This is the original plate.

Attachments

• 20190803_162429.jpg
    20190803_162429.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20190918_162009.jpg
    20190918_162009.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 135

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here is a case and point . Manufactures do screw up.The vendor won't know it until the parts are shipped. The vendor of this item was civil as I.We had a number of emails back and forth and talked on the phone. They implied the brass floats were correctly made as for all were like that. The ones they had. That is until I showed them a number of older one's. And pictures from Chrysler manuals. They contacted the Manufactures and manufacture said they will still work. My replay was. Then if they are correct and I set them to spec. then when my car catches fire I'll hold them responsible. the Manufacture. And I'll save the mails! Things changed.// I ended up using other brass ones in and other carb. A lot of times it not what you say it's how you say it. My wife tells me that all the time! SHE says it's you tone!

Carter Thermo Quad parts.png

Last edited:

R/T 71

Reaction score
I went to the junk yard and retrieved a plate off a 318. Cleaned it up and wouldn't you know - it fits just fine. The Mancini piece is obviously for a magnum block. I drilled extra holes for better oil flow and mounted it up. No receipt so I'm stuck with the Mancini piece. At least I have one. Moving on.

Back