• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

oil pressure

Racecar32

Reaction score
Anyone ever had sporadic oil pressure gauged problems ? I have a 73 Challenger 360 sometimes the oil pressure does not show on the gauge and other times its fine shows good oil pressure . I check the oil in on the dip stick and shows full . So what could it be ?

Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Did you use Teflon tape on sending unit.check bulkhead connection. check connection on gauge and cluster ground. cluster lights working? freaky thing happen check grounds. put a temporary mechanical gauge on.

70chall440

Reaction score
I agree with what RTA said and would offer that just because there is oil in the engine doesn't mean there is pressure. That said, it sounds like a sticky sending unit.

Racecar32

Reaction score
Did you use Teflon tape on sending unit.check bulkhead connection. check connection on gauge and cluster ground. cluster lights working? freaky thing happen check grounds. put a temporary mechanical gauge on.
Thanks

70chall440

Reaction score
I believe the hole in the block is 1/4 NPT, you can get a T fitting at Home Depot or any hardware store. Just make sure all of the holes are the same, in fact they have some that have a male portion on one end so that you can screw that into the block and then put your sending unit in the opposite hole and your manual gauge in the side hole.

Racecar32

Reaction score
I believe the hole in the block is 1/4 NPT, you can get a T fitting at Home Depot or any hardware store. Just make sure all of the holes are the same, in fact they have some that have a male portion on one end so that you can screw that into the block and then put your sending unit in the opposite hole and your manual gauge in the side hole.
Thanks for everybody's input . I finally got to get back on it and it was a simple fix .The wire that plugs in to the sending unit was corroded , put a new wire on it and fixed the problem.

Back