• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old News and a SAD Picture of Englishtown Raceway Park

340challconvert

Reaction score
Everyone pretty well knows that Raceway Park Englishtown, NJ has shut down all NHRA racing at the facility.
They now host go cart races and motocross SAD
This pic of the racetrack being torn up just plain hurts. Feels like a remnant of my youth being taken out!
Raceway Park begins demolition of dragstrip | The Capital Sports Report

nc_oc=AQltqd0Hlkdl0CEu5-dTrkALMBb8MrgbqN7lZEwVFWphrEcWRus8LeNFooJfeSMbzUw&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Dino2 (2).gif

jeff968

Reaction score
We regularly attended the Mopars at Englishtown during the eighties which were great. I still have many photos.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I used to go down and bracket race there in the 70’s.
I still smurk :lol:today about this story; my younger friend took his mother’s Olds Vista wagon w a 455 down without telling her.
He came home with a trophy (didn’t break out of his dial in time)
His mom never found out.
Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I used to go down and bracket race there in the 70’s.
I still smurk :lol:today about this story; my younger friend took his mother’s Olds Vista wagon w a 455 down without telling her.
He came home with a trophy (didn’t break out of his dial in time)
His mom never found out.
View attachment 65203
I’m sure there are a lot of stories like that. Some probably with not such good results, If you know what I mean:lol:

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
“I feel your pain” know what it’s like. Grew up with/at Fremont dragstrip. Went by sometime back just to see. Everything, every land mark gone! Felt like part of your life erased. Bummer..,,

wedg2go

Reaction score
Miss those days at Beeline Dragway. A wee bit before I could legally drive, I would con my dad or uncle to take me to one of their events (most likely the Winternationals). One of my best memories was paying for a pass into the pit area and watching the crews working and then go watch the legends race.

When I was older, I entered "one" of their "Run-What-You-Brung" events. It wasn't much longer, after that, the lease expired with the Indian Nation, there was no renewal and time has allowed the desert - for the most part - to reclaim that area today. Very sad...:(

Back