• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Opinions please on trim ring size

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I swear these rings simply will not fit on a 15X7 rim! Just to refresh my story I bought a set of wheel vintiques rings that I could not get to fit my US wheel rims so I sent those back contacted US wheel & have the rings they say will fit their rims. I still can not get these mother F’ers on! I even went so far as to make up a jig to get them on with no luck I got it close with the straps then stand on the rim trying to get them to pop in but once I get it close the ring pops out it just seems a shade too big to fit. I think if I had the right size trim ring this jig would make it a breeze.
This is what I have 15x7 US wheel rims, and trim rings that show up with a label that says 15x8 please see pics. Does anyone know who sells an aftermarket ring that fits? Hard to find originals near me.

84B636EB-F5FE-4A26-8CC3-CF2BC717F2AF.png

F0B21B8F-E9E2-49DF-96BA-323848D620A9.jpeg

EA96C398-4E08-4277-9F6C-0E27CF5AA85E.jpeg

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
This may not be helpful, but I have 84 series Wheel Vintiques 15x7 rims with Roseville Moparts trim ring, 3” depth and they fit perfectly.
15 x 7/8 polished trim ring set for 1970 B/E | Roseville Moparts
The first set of rings I tried were wheel
Vintiques and they wouldn’t fit so I sent them back. This current set is the exact trim ring US wheel recommends. Same result the things don’t fit. Had to send those back as well. I’ve pretty much given up on aftermarket rings. I don’t get it it’s not rocket science. I just have no luck with trim rings apparently.

Back