• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Paint problem

V12T

Reaction score
I am dealing with spots that have appeared in my paintwork on some places eg. It is on the side of the left front fender but not Challenger paintwork.jpg on top. Paint is cellulose. The pic is after rubbing down with 120 grit. Are these micro blisters? What do you think caused this. Can I paint over now or do I need to go back to primer or, god forbid, back to bare metal. How do I avoid this in future Thanks.

ted s

Reaction score
looks like incompatible products used?

ted s

Reaction score
whatever it is will need to be cpmpletely striped off

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
All the above are correct, Maybe solvent wasn't dry before the next coat. sand off re prime wait for it to flash off. A sealer is always a safe bet. If it's in the primer,you might have to got to the metal.

plymouth67

Reaction score
Could also be a contaminant like silicon on the surface. Products like Armor All are full of silicon. Also some wax and grease removers will cause this if not dried off while wiping the car down, if you allow it to dry on the surface it can cause a reaction similar to this.

Adam

Reaction score
You probably could have sanded it smooth with 400 then shot a catalyzed high build primer over it; blocked it and re-painted it. But since you used 120 grit you cannot “paint over it now.” You probably should strip it all off or you run the risk of scratch marks showing through the top coat.

Back