• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Paint Question

JoeNY

Reaction score
Anyone know how to find out how many 1970 Gran Coupes were painted EK2 Vitamin C? I found that 1,985 cars used the color but can't find the breakdown between base model, Gran Coupes, and 'Cudas.

70chall440

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think when it comes to color its an extrapolation meaning that if you know that there were 1985 cars painted in it you would figure out what percentage that represents to the total production. Say that is 1%, you would then "extrapolate" that it is possible/probable that 1% of the GC cars were painted in this color. Since you can find out how many total GC cars were made (8183 hardtop and 596 convertible), you could then say that 818 hardtops and 60 convertibles may have been painted in EV2 (the 1% is purely a made up number BTW).

Now I will also say that over the years I have seen a lot of numbers being tossed around about this and that but I have never seen any real evidence that any of them are based on anything concrete. Some of the "professionals" get big money to state one thing or another and perhaps they have the secret documents to back up what they say but I personally believe a lot of it is and "educated guess" at best.

JoeNY

Reaction score
My math could be incorrect, but using your example, wouldn't that be 82 hardtops and 6 convertibles? The chart I found on this site states 4% were painted EK2, so I'll take that to mean 327 hardtops and 24 convertibles.

JoeNY

Reaction score
My mistake. It was the site below.

heminut

Reaction score
My mistake. It was the site below.

Thank you! That's very interesting and kind of cool to know. :thumbsup:

Back