• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

painting inside of rocker panels

Martin

Reaction score
i cleaned the inside of the rocker best i could. it actually looks pretty good all things considered. i have the eastwood internal frame coating and was considering putting that inside the rockers. issue is the hose is 2ft and the rocker is over 5. is it worth drilling a hole in the bottom of the rocker to paint th inside?

7B567ADF-D15A-4100-AFFE-6BE23B58EB22.jpeg

Daves69

Reaction score
Ziebart would have no problem drilling holes for their rustproofing.
The Eastwood stuff is messy.
I used that in the rockers of my '05 Ram. I'm guessing it was too late though.

To have a bit more control over hose curling, you might attach a stiff heavy gauge wire (coat hanger maybe) with painters tape. Or maybe the tube will fit inside a length of brake line.

Martin

Reaction score
it looks like the hose fits up through the drain holes in the rockers already. Think ill go ahead and do it, cant hurt.

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi Martin, I used the Eastwood coating and I made the entry holes 1/2" and located then to be under the door sill kick plates. I made 4 holes and applied 2 passes per hole and turned the spray hose as many times as I could. I purchased 1/2" hole plugs from the Internet and seal them with body caulking. Anything you do to apply coating inside the inclose areas is better than nothing. Good luck,

Martin

Reaction score
the inside the rocker looks pretty good. i was really surprised given my current status of being in rust repair hell.

Back