• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

park turn signals

BSG

Reaction score
Hey guys its been 30 something years since i was running the streets of west texas cruising from the sonic down to the end of the drag chasing girls. I swear that when the parking lights were on the 2 lights in the front valance used to light up as well as the the side markers making for a cool look whist hanging out watching the girls drive by in their cutlass supremes etc. I put an american auto wire update harness in it. I know its only got the 2 pins and a single filament, but i swear that's what i remember. Now only the side markers light up when the switch is in the park light position. is it me or did the harness change this.

BSG

Reaction score
i guess i failed to state its a 72 challenger just took for granted every knows we are dealing with cud's and challenger, i think the turn signal with interrupted the current running it through the flasher?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The original plug has two wires. one for parking light and one for turn signal.1157 bulb.grounded by the screws.

Attachments

• 20200401_164004.jpg
    20200401_164004.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 113
  • fl.png
    fl.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 109

Steve340

Reaction score
When I put on the park lights I get:
Tail lights
Front park lights
All 4 side lights.
From memory also get instrument lights.
The indicator circuit is separate from the park lights. It uses a different wire and a different filament in the bulb.

Back