• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PCV Breather Grommet

72barracuda

Reaction score
Curious if anybody is using the OEM style PCV breather on small block Mopar Performance valve covers. i drilled hole in circular blank , now thinking maybe not the best way, and tried to use the grommet that was provided but have never gotten a solid fit due to the depth of metal in that area of the valve cover. Maybe i have to rig a grommet from heater hose or similar. I have seen the breathers that snap in the oil filler holes but concerned about clearance to shaker adapter. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe I am doing something stupid.

fasjac

Reaction score
Curious if anybody is using the OEM style PCV breather on small block Mopar Performance valve covers. i drilled hole in circular blank , now thinking maybe not the best way, and tried to use the grommet that was provided but have never gotten a solid fit due to the depth of metal in that area of the valve cover. Maybe i have to rig a grommet from heater hose or similar. I have seen the breathers that snap in the oil filler holes but concerned about clearance to shaker adapter. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe I am doing something stupid.
You will have to use an aftermarket type that has the wider lip. I believe you can search Dorman, edelbrock etc. May find an assortment at the local parts store. Kinda surprised MP didn’t send or offer it??

72barracuda

Reaction score
Yes I have the grommets that came with the valve covers. Maybe I need to tweak the hole size just a little. It's at about 1.25" and having trouble getting the breather all the way through with grommet in place.

fasjac

Reaction score
I get it. I ordered a M E Wagner adjustable PCV valve could stand it ( what many have said). Haven’t installed it yet because of time to re-drill the hole, which is larger. Contemplating moving it to the other side.
it’s an interesting read if you haven’t seen it yet. No hurries here.

Back