• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

PCV Setup with Cast Aluminum Valve Covers

R/T 71

Reaction score
I looked around to see if this subject had been addressed before, but didn't find a satisfactory answer. The valve covers have a twist-in hole and a "knock-out" hole in each. I'm not too keen on putting another hole in one cover for a PCV valve. The twist-in holes have a baffle under them, so using one for oil filler probably won't work. A twist in breather for one side of the PCV system is obvious. Is there such a thing as a twist in PCV valve? I seem to remember Ford had a "closed" breather you could put a grommet and PCV valve into. I'm trying to not overthink this, but I'm out of ideas. Thanks in advance.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
I am in the middle of trying to find a proper gomment for my pvc valve on my Mopar performance alum valve covers as the mopar gomment is no longer available. I came across a Ford Performance Parts Valve Cover Grommet Sets M-6892-F and on one of the reviews the guy stated that these worked on his MP valve covers and it covered up the slots so he didn't have to knock out a seperate pvc hole. I haven't bought the gomments yet so i can't confirm this. The gomment should be 1.250" wide.

themechanic

Reaction score
I am in the middle of trying to find a proper gomment for my pvc valve on my Mopar performance alum valve covers as the mopar gomment is no longer available. I came across a Ford Performance Parts Valve Cover Grommet Sets M-6892-F and on one of the reviews the guy stated that these worked on his MP valve covers and it covered up the slots so he didn't have to knock out a seperate pvc hole. I haven't bought the gomments yet so i can't confirm this. The gomment should be 1.250" wide.
I just bought a set of grommets for my MP cast aluminum valve covers. They're $29.99 at Mancini Racing.

Last edited:

Slug

Reaction score
I used the Scott drake c7az-6892 grommet. $7.00 on ebay

Slug

Reaction score
That's for mp valve covers and has an inside opening for 3/4 inch pcv valve.

Back