• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Photos wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
If any of you are replacing your carpets, I would love to have some photos of your original Challenger carpets in any condition while they are out of the car before you toss them. I am trying to document the locations, sizes and shapes of the factory holes for seatbelts, shifter, etc... If any of you have such photos to share, please PM me and I will give an email address. Thank you...

IRON MAN

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you are replacing your carpets, I would love to have some photos of your original Challenger carpets in any condition while they are out of the car before you toss them. I am trying to document the locations, sizes and shapes of the factory holes for seatbelts, shifter, etc... If any of you have such photos to share, please PM me and I will give an email address. Thank you...
It may be more helpful if the photos are after the seats and console are removed and before the carpet is taken out. The reason I'm commenting is I'm about to replace the original carpet in my 73 Challenger due to fading. It is brownish purple where the sun has been hitting it. I have TRIMPARTS carpet kit ready to install. After 4300 pictures my Canon "point n shoot" camera stopped working. Rats! Two days ago, got a Canon EOS Rebel T-6 35mm digital camera with different lenses. I need to read the instructions before using. I'm hoping it is intuitive friendly. Maybe there is a YouTube video to walk me thru it. Anyway I'll document the carpet replacement with tape measures and rulers so you can get an ideal of spacing/dimensions, and post it.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're 'da man! Thank you! I'd accept photos of the carpet in and/or out of the car. I already installed the new carpet in my Challenger. My purpose here is to document this process so that others who are interested in getting details right like the hole sizes and shapes will have something to go on. There is not a lot of info out there with the level of detail I am looking for. Although my carpet is installed, I have not cut the holes as of yet. I have figured out the areas where they should be (not rocket science by any means) but again, I am looking to emulate the correct factory shapes and sizes. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Maybe I should have posted this in the "general discussions" section rather than WTB...

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a 73. Bottom side of front section.

DSCN0355.JPG

DSCN0357.JPG

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original carpet with date tag. Auto w/console. I can take more pics and measurements later when I'm home.

I thought about making a template and offering to members if Cody can help with the cost...hint-hint. :D

70RTSE440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if anyone will still see this as the original post and answers are several months old. I'm looking into replacing the carpet and seat covers in my 1970 challenger. I'm wondering where people are getting their carpet and seat covers. I know of Yearone and there's also guy on ebay called Windy City Muscle Cars that looks like he's selling the same stuff. Has anyone used these or recommend them or somewhere else? Thanks for any help.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site from mid MI. I (and I know others here also) have used ACC for the carpets and Legendary for seat covers with both having good quality and fit.

BTW - You should start your thread and also tell us and show us what you are working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back