• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Picked up an LD 340 Manifold

340challconvert

Reaction score
Not sure if and when I may use it, but wanted to have one available.
This was considered the best aftermarket intake manifold for the 340 for many years.
Man they are getting pricey.

Speaking of pricey; has anyone looked to buy the factory edelbrock 6pk manifold for a small block these days? Selling for a grand or more just for the manifold.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
This was considered the best aftermarket intake manifold for the 340 for many years.

Speaking of pricey; has anyone looked to buy the factory edelbrock 6pk manifold for a small block these days? Selling for a grand or more just for the manifold.

View attachment 71039

View attachment 71040
A-66
Registry
Very nice find

Rob C

Reaction score
6 packs are made anymore. Hence the sky rocketing prices.

What did you pay for the LD-340?

The LD-340 is a nice intake. I had one and modified I as per the MP speed book. Excellent mod if your looking to go there. As in making a lot of power. But your probably better off with a different intake these days.

Port a RPM for best dual plane results or move to a single plane.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Nice find, it will still hold its own on a moderate engine, but as rumblefish points out, better intakes out now. That said, for a nostalgia purposes, they are still cool.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.
Picked it up for $360. I know there are better modern tech developed manifolds now; not so worried about maxing out the power output and like the “nostalgic” look of the LD. The prices on these have been rising too; I saw prices ranging from $300 up to $800. Some looked to be in poor condition; pitting on the mating surfaces, mods to the ports etc., so I grabbed one at what looks to be in good condition at a “reasonable” price.

In the old days I would have run a purple cam, switched to a larger cfm Holley carb, threw in pumpkin w 3:90 gears, and looked for some street fun in neighborhood. :steering:

Last edited:

Lawrence Shaw

Reaction score

View attachment 71039
Everything Mopar is pricey!

73Challengr

Reaction score
Ya i'd love to have the FITech six pack setup but there aren't any manifolds, not even the repops. If I had the know how, i'd make a 3D printer model of one and look into casting them.

budascuda

Reaction score
That is a great idea! I think very soon you will be able to use the type of materials that are strong and heat resistant and you could just print a manifold without having to cast it in metal.
Also, some companies are even working on metal or metallic filaments for 3D printing, it's just matter of time......
Don't be intimidated by the technology of 3D printing, look at some of the tutorials on youtube, like every thing else, once explaned, it's fun and easy!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Did the street thing in my early days when I was still a teacher. I used to bring in my old car magazines and used to them to help the students learn to read. They were better then most reading textbooks and actually used a higher level vocabulary in the articles. I had 12 year olds talking about volumetric efficiency! :lol:
By the way; your grammar is great!

May be some of them eventually became car guys?
Had your students ever found out about this, they would not have obeyed their principal ever again! Lol
(340, is the grammar correct?)

Last edited:
Back