• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pistol Grip Question

EV2&Q5

Reaction score
My 4 speed/reverse lens is just in sorry shape. You can even see through it anymore. Also the bezel that holds the lens is rattling bad. I looked in there from the bottom with the grips removed and it looks like a bunch of crunched up metal parts is causing the rattling sound. The grips are solid. So I want to replace the two bad parts. Is there a trick to removing the bezel from the top of the shift handle? I don't want to damage anything.
Thanks folks.
Doug
63628957-770-0@2X.jpg

Last edited:

70SunFun

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. The top 4 speed metal bezel was rattling really bad. It is peened onto the top of the shifter handle. Instead of trying to remove it risking damage like you mentioned, and trying to put a new piece on, I took a very small nail, cut off the head, and lightly hammered it in between the shifter handle and the bezel from the very front side of the shifter. The nail can't be seen and the rattling stopped. I did not need to replace the lens as it was in good shape so I wish you good luck with replacing it. Not sure how one would replace it. Other For E Bodies Only folks may have better advice. Good luck!

moparcop

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. While driving if I put slight pressure on the top of the bezel it goes away. Thanks for the tip, I was going to tear it down and put a little silicone in there to keep everything from bouncing around.:thankyou:

70SunFun

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. While driving if I put slight pressure on the top of the bezel it goes away. Thanks for the tip, I was going to tear it down and put a little silicone in there to keep everything from bouncing around.:thankyou:
You're welcome. It was a quick and easy fix. I used to do the same thing you did, putting my thumb or hand on top of the bezel and it would stop rattling. That got old quick! Good luck with the fix.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
if the lens is bad anyway , break out the lens , peen the bezel on tight & glue in a new lens

Back