• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plastic repair

70cuda50

Reaction score
Anyone use a plastic repair kit successfully on dash bezels or door panels. This Eastwood kit caught my eye. I have some repairs to make and may buy a better bezel that still needs a bit of work on broken tabs.
Rigid Plastic Repair Kit Black

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
Somebody gotta come up with something that works good on plastics parts already!!!
If you end up buying the kit, could you please let us know if you got good results?
Thanks.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I have used that product with decent results. Very easy to use. I used it to repair my original T/A rear spoiler (see "My T/A Restoration" post #121).

rklein71

Reaction score
Plastic parts that are ABS can be repaired very easily. I repaired several bezels on my 71 Barracuda this way and several grills. You will need some spare black ABS plastic, either from broken pieces or just buy a small piece of black ABS plastic on Ebay for a few bucks. Cut up the plastic pieces and put them in a small jar that you can seal with a lid, pour acetone over the top of the pieces and let the acetone turn the plastic into a gooey mess. Then just use the goo glue as I call it to chemically weld the plastic together. You can even make small tabs and stuff with it. The repair is strong as the original plastic and very easy to sand down and repaint. By the way, I tried the same stuff on a door panel and the door panel is not ABS plastic, did not work. Rod

71RT383

Reaction score
I have used " Plastex" with good results.
I have used another product called "PLastifix" which I prefer.
The "Plastifix"applicator tips were metal needles that worked better on projects where precision was wanted. IE: smaller tighter seem or needed more accurate placement.
The applicator tips on "Plastex" were plastic shaped cones that seemed to release more liquid than wanted at times, causing a wider dispersion of material on the repair, and at times wasting material.
Working on larger repairs or making tabs they both seemed to work well.
Hope this helps.
>PS: I have used them on the Heater/ac selector(rear broken tab and cable hold down), Lower dash trim ( fill in widened trim screw holes ), Tail light lenses ( used the clear to fix the broken red acrylic tail light tabs, worked very well. Picked up the red tone where they're joined). Used on other items as well.

2503-2.2.jpg
2503-2.71.jpg

2503-1.71.jpg

Video

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

2.jpg

$38.95B0007LTXVO

IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to hazmat restrictions, we cannot ship this item overseas.

Last edited:

70cuda50

Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like more options available that actually work than I thought. Thanks everyone. Keep em coming if any more ideas.

budascuda

Reaction score
Board? you gotta be kidding me, I used to have subscription to the "Plastics on My Mind" annual report/magazine, Heh
Thanks, its more meaningful when a tedious subject is organized in this kind of format.

Last edited:
Back