• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plum Crazy Purple

Blake129

Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty finding plum crazy purple paint for my challenger. Not too long ago Eastwood was selling it, but I know longer can locate it. Where do I find it?

SFEbody

Reaction score
Any automotive paint dealer should be able to mix it, tell them the 1970 dodge code is (FC7)

DrEamer

Reaction score
PPG, Sherwin Williams and Dupont has it in several of their different paint lines. I even think Martin Senour that Napa sells has it. TPC global also has a house brand that I hear is a good quality budget paint.

Sal C

Reaction score
Eastwood did stop offering the Plum Crazy, I was looking for it also. I went to the local store (there's one in the Chicago area) and low and behold they said they have it back but it was only available in base coat / clear product not the single stage.

Be careful tho, it's not an exact match. I bought a gallon to paint my engine bay and the steel wheels. I can get away with the engine bay not matching but not the wheels. See attached (you can see on the upper left my fender color vs the newly painted Eastwood purple).

engine bay.jpg

fk5aar

Reaction score
Could the orginal paint on the fenders be faded a little bit? It looks very nice!

340challconvert

Reaction score
I dealt with this vendor recently.
Seems like a reasonable business/person to do business with.
He can mix paint to your specifications and also can provide some colors in spray cans for touch-up. Happy with our transactions. Might be worth a try!
upload_2019-7-22_13-18-50.png

MOPAR Automotive Restoration Paint

Dino2 (1).gif

Adam

Reaction score
I'm having some difficulty finding plum crazy purple paint for my challenger. Not too long ago Eastwood was selling it, but I know longer can locate it. Where do I find it?
Is there a local automotive paint supply store near you... they should be able to mix up whatever you want, single stage, or base coat/clear coat, from several brands.... the formula is well known.

Also, I ordered FC7 basecoat/clear from Matrix...

340challconvert

Reaction score
This came from an Eastwood article on painting your own car;

"So, how much will paint run you for the whole job? Well, enamel paints are less expensive, ranging from about $100 per gallon to $250 per gallon. Base coat paint can be anywhere from $25 to $150 or more per quart, depending on the brand and color; whites are typically the least expensive and reds are the most expensive. Clear coat paint can cost between $100 and $250 per gallon. All together, using the acrylic method can cost you between $100 and $250 for the whole job, and the base coat-clear coat method averages from $250 to $500."

https://garage.eastwood.com/tech-articles/how-much-does-it-cost-to-paint-a-car/

When I was recently speaking to the vendor I mentioned above, he quoted me about $300-400 per gallon for single stage acrylic enamel mixed to specs. Eastwood price seemed low? Would love to hear from others on their opinions!

Dino2 (1).gif

Back