• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Possible marketing coup for FOMOCO

seneca

Reaction score
Article in today's Detroit Free Press shows the first pre-production 2021 Broncos coming off the assembly. This is Ford's Jeep fighter. They claim 150,000 people have already placed 100 bucks down to get theirs. Maybe they should have an OJ Simpson Special Edition ( in white, of course ) to help boost sales.

budascuda

Reaction score
FAAAAAARD! Hehe.
100 bucks, cheap buggers.....
They should have "given away" $499.99 voucher toward the purchase rather than trying to finance the assembly line with $100 diposits!
Hehe, ford!

Last edited:

DrEamer

Reaction score
The $100 is refundable, so certainly they should not count that as their money yet. I think the reservation system is to gauge interest in what model is most popular, and which order to build them in. It might be a smart move considering what happened with the new Ranger. It's actually not a bad little truck, but missed a lot of the market to start with.

Adam

Reaction score
I’m a long time Mopar guy, but I am considering a Ranger or possibly a Bronco to replace my 2018 Jeep Wrangler. I’m currently in the lemon law process to get rid of it. The Wranglers have so many problems it’s ridiculous. It has spent almost four months at the dealers with less than 15k miles. Maybe Fiat has infected Jeep.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
MY 2010 Caravan was the same Daimler electronics with Cerebus budget cuts , too bad the lemon law doesn't apply here , it was a piece of crap !
No way would i ever buy a Furd tho , it has the problem circled on the grille & a 4 letter word on it also .

Matt M

Reaction score
I threw a $100 down
My wife loved an old restored one at Mecum and wanted me to buy it. No way was I going to do that.
So I just kept my options open with a new one.
Doubt I will buy one though

budascuda

Reaction score
Dreamer, you are a Ford man, but you gotta find this funny.
You see, even when Ford wants to do a market research, they want the consumer to put up the money for it. lol
For me, It's the "privilaged" attitude of the company directors that is off putting.
I don't know, I guess when one generation of the Fords inherits billions from the last, and the next generation inherits tens and and the generation after that, inherits 100s of billions, they must feel like Gods and people to them are just not so important. I am willing to bet, Ford had a chuckle when he heard of the $100 deposit!

DrEamer

Reaction score
Mr budascuda, I may like Fords, but am not blind to their faults. Not as a company, nor their cars. I learned never sell your soul to a company, or political party, they will always disappoint you in the end.

budascuda

Reaction score
We love you Doc, I am glad someone like you is a part of our group of friends here..

seneca

Reaction score
So GM has put a " Stop Sale " on the 2020 C8 Corvette. Seems there's some glich in the braking system electronics. This just after the " frunk" pops up while driving down the road and has a recall for a fix. New model birthing pangs I guess.

budascuda

Reaction score
That's funny, I am telling you guys, this is the chinese way of "messing around"
They knew that nobody at GM is gonna take the electronic gizmo out of the box that was shipped from china and try it first. Just put it on in the assembly line and sell the car.
As for the looks, the front end looks a little bit like dodges, but why put the the exhaust tips under the front bumper?
Screenshot_20200925-181534.png

Back