• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Possible to lower SB engine with stock K frame/mounts/suspension/steering?

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
I am seeing if anyone has lowered their small block engine using stock K frame, stock style engine mounts, and stock suspension/steering, etc... Is it possible to get the engine a little lower, maybe an inch or so,maybe even move it forward slightly too. I an toying with the idea of using a modern 8 speed transmission behind the original LA small block and getting lowered enough to not have to cut up the tunnel or supports. I know Holley makes mounts that lower and move forward a Gen 3 hemi, but I don't think they have this for an LA. Is there enough room to modify the mounts to make it work? Not my pic but this is what it would look like....

318-8speed.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
All it takes is innovation , I am sure it is possible although I doubt I would move it forward

oldkimmer

Reaction score
U could try slotting the bracket on the motor. Leave them loose on the block and see how much lower it will go. Make sure it’s level. Don’t know how much or how little I will gain. Also all rubber mounts are not created equal as in the thickness varies. U could eliminate the rubber and weld in some flat iron or angle iron. Kim

Back