• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB possibly looking for a short block 340 with a steel crank

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUDAOwner

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
ok a friend tells me a guy on ebay in Los Vegas has a short block for sale an i might need one to possibly replace the the original 340 block that i just pulled to figure out why the number 8 piston was cockeyed in the bore :( ANY HELP WOULD BE BE VERY MMUCH APRECIATED FROM YOU GUYS ......... MOPAR OR NO CAR

Ele115

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you require in terms of answers. Some of the basics would be if your 340 has previously had an over bore (likely). Next is how much you need to bore it this time, if you can save it. The crank is probably done, or you mentioned someone says they think it is. Bonus points: REV LIMITER. Yes, I learned the expensive way. Going to have to really dig into your numbers and get measurements. If the machine shop is local it would be a good idea to have them measure and inspect.

CUDAOwner

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome news gonna get the original motor sleeved on cylinder 7 an 8 but the crank is to far gone an just waiting on a guy in vegas to call me back on a Steel Crank will also have to replace one connecting rod an 3 pistons also on the aluminum heads gonna hav an few new valves an getting them resurface to get rid of some damage to the outer area of the combustion chamber .... so happy that we can save this engine cuz its the factory motor :):):)

Ele115

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really glad you're not buying an engine from a guy on Fee Bay.
I have an AMC 401 with 2 sleeves in it. It hasn't given me any issues. I had a 409 with a sleeve in it too. There's a lot to be said for keeping your engine rather than diving into someone else's discard. I like to get engines and major parts from people I know.
This will work out for you

Ele115

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 340 doesn't get the credit it deserves. It was a really good engine, especially the early ones.

CUDAOwner

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus the number on the ebay add isnt the same guy who made the ad its his dad who posted it an still havent heard back from him on the factory steel crank so just bought a new on with the pistons an rods an all the bearings an rings :)
The 340 doesn't get the credit it deserves. It was a really good engine, especially the early ones.
plus its a factory 4speed an rear anti sway bar thats been gone since like 74

Ele115

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK! You've got yourself in over your head. I'm coming over there for a test drive. Lunch is on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back