• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

POWER BOND HARMONIC BALANCER

CudaK

Reaction score
Hey,
Has anyone ever used this ballancer? I have it on my 360 6/pack set up on my Cuda.

Set the motor up had 35 deg. Total advanced I've been driving it around, and just put a timing light on and nothing makes sense now. And it's idleing at 34 deg where it should be at like 6 deg right ? Could the ballancer have spun ???
POWER BOND HARMONIC BALANCER for external balance motor 360

Adam

Reaction score
It could have spun, but probably not, dist probably crept forward. You can easily check the balancer with a tool that screws into the #1 spark plug hole (I have used a piece of fuel hose, fed into the combustion chamber thru the spark plug hole) spin the engine, by hand, towards tdc. Make a mark where it stops, then spin it the other way until it stops and mark it. TDC or, 0 degrees, should be in the middle of the marks.

CudaK

Reaction score
We did that checked it out...

Damn timing marks I had layout to the left of the water pump now.....wtf

budascuda

Reaction score
How well does the engine run?
#1 comes up (tdc) twice, compression and exhaust!
The timing is set on compression tdc.
I am sure you know that, just in case the person who did the work could have missed it.

CudaK

Reaction score
Initially I had a accelerator pump issue with the carburetor on the 6 pack set up SO I replaced it, and we installed #62 main jets and a set of hotter plugs, re did the vacuum gauge and idle mixture settings.
And wanted to check the timing....SO whipped the timing gun out and timing marks disappeared from where they should be inline with the timing cover. When we set it up 2 months ago when I did the motor....

Then we just went back to the basics... pulled #1 plug hand spun the motor clock/c clock. Found TDC went from there by ear.

Car runs great it Rips....but going back to stock balancer when I get a chance.

Last edited:

budascuda

Reaction score
As long as it runs good...
Just curious, were is the part made in?
One way to make sure if the balancer is slipping (although its hard to believe)is to put two tic marks (lined up with each other) on it, if it's slipping, they will get misaligned again.

Last edited:
Back