• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power steering hose question

Zuppa001

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 70 hemi challenger with a federal power steering pump. I am looking for the correct pressure hose.

My question is, is the hemi pressure hose different then all the other big block pressure hoses?

I believe this hose was being reproduced by someone at some point with the correct golden color line instead of the aftermarket looking silver line. I have been told by a few sources that the company no longer repops the hose.

Does anyone know of a source or does anyone have this hose available? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

tonysrt

Reaction score
If you have the correct old hose a hydraulic hose shop can make one up for you, if you can't get a repro hose.

Zuppa001

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. The problem is locating one that I can have duplicated. I need to get the right bends and length.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have a hemi, gen 2, with a Saginaw P/S pump and I know those hoses are available. Maybe you could try one and see what the differences are and maybe have one made up. The hose I have for the Sag pump is an Edelmann # 70351. Maybe a hose from a big block would do the trick if it had the Fed pump. Good luck in your search. Maybe give Pete at Bergman auto a call at 631-425-1555, He might be able to help you.

Zuppa001

Reaction score
Thank you I appreciate that. What's really hard is I would like mine to look as original as possible, even if I have to modify the hose. One challenge is getting the right bends. If only someone had one that I could get a hold of temporarily I could have the hose duplicated locally. That would really be nice!!

Back