• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Problem with brake booster

MelindaJB80

Reaction score
Bought booster from Classic Ind. Came with universal bracket that we were told could be used with or without. Univ bracket made booster cantilevered so we are mounting using standard mounting bracket. Problem is it came with long threaded bolt coming out of boot which is too long to fit using our swivel pivot bracket that bolts to brake pedal. How do we remove bracket? Or make it shorter or make it work?

IMG_9274.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Looks like you just need the correct booster. You are getting into problems when you start modifying brake parts. I have had to do it for customers. Once one part is changed 3 more have to be done. It takes a lot of time. It ends up cheaper for them to use the correct parts. Is this a modified car? Is there a reason you can't use stock parts?

quapman

Reaction score
It's special because of the vintage pits in the steel.

I've used the Cardone stock rebuilt boosters a few times with no issues. They're a direct bolt-on and are cheaper than aftermarket. The down side is that they typically do not come with the cantilever thingie that is required with E bodies. Any of the 70-74 applications will work. I'm going to try an Aspen/Volare booster next. If it's the same bolt pattern through the firewall, I can use the later 2-bolt master cylinder.

68 69 b body charger gtx power brake booster pivot | eBay

aussiemark

Reaction score
Send it back and get a genuine part don't take chances or try and save money with brakes or steering. Maybe check out that ramman fellow seems to know what he's talking about maybe call him direct I think everyone puts higher prices on Ebay to cover the ransom they charge.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have original power disc brakes on a 70 Challenger. picked up the Cardone; no,fuss no muss. My original & new unit
Dino2 (1).gif

Brake Booster dino 4.jpg

PB Booster.JPG

PB Booster 2.JPG

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
Make sure to paint that booster. Mine started to get a few rust specks after the car was outside in my carport for a few weeks.

340challconvert

Reaction score
When you go to the Advance Auto parts site, they offer a 20% discount coupon for on line purchases only.
Current price on the unit is 76.49 plus a core charge of $40. ( I would personally keep my unit if it is the original-it can be rebuilt)
Effective cost with the discount and keeping your core is $93 w free shipping. A little more then the $86 dollars I spent in 2015 to pick mine up.
Just my thoughts!
Dino2 (1).gif

Back