• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pulling the trigger

Leanburn

Reaction score
I think I’m going to finally swap a 6.4 into my 74 Cuda. I’ve been reading a ton of swaps but i still have a few questions.

Will a 6.4 work with Hydroboost? If heard the valve cover hit.

What is the simplest engine/ fuel control ? I have a ez efi setup and a Fitech but I would think that the factory efi would be far superior?

rolling_thunder

Reaction score
I dont think the 6.4 is much different than a 6.1 when it comes to valve covers... I am running a hydroboost in my 68 Charger with my 6.1L with no issues at all...

Easiest engine controller would be the factory PCM if you want to spend the $$$ for it... I am getting rid of mine and running an MS3 so I can modify and tune as I go.

In your case I would get a carb style intake and run the EZ EFI and then get the MSD box to run the injectors.

hpjunke

Reaction score
I think I’m going to finally swap a 6.4 into my 74 Cuda. I’ve been reading a ton of swaps but i still have a few questions.

Will a 6.4 work with Hydroboost? If heard the valve cover hit.

What is the simplest engine/ fuel control ? I have a ez efi setup and a Fitech but I would think that the factory efi would be far superior?
Yes you can use the hydroboost just flip it upside down and you will be able to pull the coil when needed ..

D11C4697-6CFA-4376-8C18-DFC6D95E8519.jpeg

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Here is what you need. My hydroboost comes next weeki believe. I'll let you knowhow she fits. I can not get power assist with the MBM booster and all.

The photo shows everything I've done with the 6.4 install. You can PM me for comments. There is a lot of fine tuning required to get the beast to plop in place. Or call me. 7345453794 and I can walk you through it. Peter

IMG_6812.JPG

Leanburn

Reaction score
That post was in February. I done the install in April. Thanks anyway though

Back