• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Question about '73 318 to 440 swap with fuel lines

rogers1941

Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking. I currently have 2 new stainless lines from Fine Lines sitting in my foyer. 3/8" supply and 1/4" return. I still have my old charcoal canister and as far as I know, while I am replacing the tank with a new stainless unit, the vapor separator attached to the frame rail is working fine. I'm thinking about reusing the original line running from the vapor separator to the charcoal canister (it shouldn't have rust issues since it primarily carries vapor and the whole car was almost completely rust free, right?) and running that as factory, then using my modern sending unit (which has a supply and return line) and using my two new lines from Fine Lines as a supply line and as a return line hooked up to a factory 440 vapor separator bolted to the fuel pump. Would there be any issues with that setup with two vapor separators? Thanks in advance!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I don't see any issue but why run the Charcoal canister at all , as long as you have the feed & return & a vent at the rear on the frame everything is good .

Back