• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

R/T SE Hood emblem

Dodgey

Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice from the Brains trust on which hood emblem belongs on the leading edge of my '70 R/T SE 383 Challenger. The service manual shows that there was either a "DODGE" or the SE symbol on the hood, but doesn't give a clue as to which one it should be.
The hoods been resprayed, so there's no obvious mounting holes showing through - even the underside of the hood is difficult to see. There's definitely an indentation in the centre cutout on the underside of the hood, but without removing the paint in there, hard to see if there's holes in the other four cutouts for the "DODGE" letters.
As much as I hate to do it, my next step is to remove some of the pain on the underside of the hood to see if there's bolt holes in all 5 cutouts.

If anyone has information on what all the external emblems are on my R/T SE I would be most grateful! I know it's not standard, as the build sheet specifies a yellow bumble bee stripe on the tail, not the standard R/T side stripes. So she's a little special ...

340challconvert

Reaction score
1970 DODGE on hood, 1971- no letters.

1672149388746.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would agree , Dodge on the hood , the Fratzog is part of the SE emblem so I understand the confusion

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
It is an R/T (JS29N0B......). So, by that I take it definitely should have 'DODGE' on the hood.
JS29 is both an "R/T" and an "SE".

Hood should have "DODGE" letters, also "SE" emblems on the rear C pillars. Should have vinyl roof and small rear window. Interior should have the hard headliner with overhead display. Door panels should have "Special Edition" inserts. Just a few of the extras that come with the "SE" package.

Dodgey

Reaction score
JS29 is both an "R/T" and an "SE".

Hood should have "DODGE" letters, also "SE" emblems on the rear C pillars. Should have vinyl roof and small rear window. Interior should have the hard headliner with overhead display. Door panels should have "Special Edition" inserts. Just a few of the extras that come with the "SE" package.
That's right - R/T SE 383 Magnum and yes it does have the hard headliner and overhead console and "Special edition" on the door inserts. I need to clean them up, but they are all there. Also check on the small rear window. Currently has a painted roof, but according to the VIN plate and build sheet it came with vinyl roof. There is a bag with a whole bunch of the original emblems in it, which I think has the sail SE emblems in it.

I've seen an SE dome light for sale, does anyone know if you can get other components of the overhead console? The 3 indicator lights in the console are a bit sad ...

89020062.jpg

89020088.jpg

89020099.jpg

Back