• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Race Steering Columns?

Relax426

Reaction score
has anyone put an aftermarket race column in their e body? One with a quick release steering wheel. I’m looking for one to put in my 70 cuda which will be a road race car.

Brad

DrEamer

Reaction score
A member here goes by Sublimeone has that set up in his drag car. Might try contacting him if he does not answer this thread. @Sublimeone

flyingfarley

Reaction score
I am building a road race/street 70 Challenger as we speak....bought all my stuff from Speedway Motors...steering shaft material, mount, steering joints, quick release mounts, etc. I can post pictures if you want

Mark

flyingfarley

Reaction score
here is my steering column photo's...as you can see i installed a 1.5-1 steering quickner in the shaft...have used them on many race cars...will try it with the stock steering pump and box.....may have to go to an aftermarket race pump if necessary...only time will tell

Mark

DSC01554.JPG

DSC01555.JPG

DSC01556.JPG

DSC01557.JPG

DSC01558.JPG

Relax426

Reaction score
Beautiful design. Out of curiosity how long is the column?

flyingfarley

Reaction score
Beautiful design. Out of curiosity how long is the column?
The total length of the column is 48.5 inches from the front end of the steering box u-joint to the end of the splined mount for the steering wheel. I have my race seat moved back quite a bit so its quite a bit longer than it would have to be...I have floor mounted Wilwood pedals, so that required some extra length too.

Back