• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rally Cluster Help

KennyCuda

Reaction score
I have a 70 Cuda with a rally cluster and my issue is everything works but the 3 gauges -fuel, water temp and oil pressure, I tested the sending unit and its good in the gas tank. I can't see 3 gauges going bad at once so i think the gauges arent getting power, Can anyone tell me where the power feed to that set of gauges comes from and goes into to? I think if i can find the power source maybe i can fix the gauges. Pictures are always great

Huskidrive

Reaction score
This voltage limiter feeds power to all 3 gauges
Rallye Wiring.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
I put a new voltage limiter in today and still the gauges don't work should of mentioned that before

KennyCuda

Reaction score
How can i check power there once i take the cluster out of the dash frame i loose the ground right isn't the cluster grounded to the frame.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
so the power is that gray connector that has a T shape also i have 3 connectors on my voltage limiter but only 2 wires to it is that wrong this one has 3 wires on it. I thought that one connector was a splitter you can use either side?

rklein71

Reaction score
You can check for 12-volts with the key on to the female connector, even with the gauges out. The gauges are grounded through the sending unit. If you look, the studs to the gauges are insulated from the housing by the tan plastic piece.

rklein71

Reaction score
The power comes from the black rectangular connector that is attached to the bottom prong of the voltage limiter.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
so looking at the picture which one is the power source the gray one ?

rklein71

Reaction score
The gauges don't care where the 12-volts come from but you want 12 volts to the gauges when the key is on.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
GREAT THANKS IM GONNA PULL THE CLUSTER TOMORROW AND CHECK FOR POWER WITH THE IGNITION ON. IF I DONT HAVE POWER THERE WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST TO DO? OR LOOK

KennyCuda

Reaction score
So if i don't have power there i can run a wire from the fuse box to the voltage limiter as long as the power goes on and off with the ignition is that right

KennyCuda

Reaction score
It goes into to harness and i have no idea where the other end goes

rklein71

Reaction score
My point is you could supply 12 volts with a jumper to test the gauges. Since all three are not working, it almost assuredly is a lack of 12 volts to the voltage limiter or you have installed a bad brand new voltage limiter, which is unlikely but possible.

Back