• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rallye dash from classic industries--any good?

70cuda50

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered all the components from classic industries to install a rallye dash in a Cuda? I ordered everything including instruments but haven't even unpacked anything because so far I am so disappointed in other items I have unwrapped I don't think I want to take the chance on such an expensive and important part if it is junk. Will not be ready for install til next spring so thinking about eating return shipping cost and if I can't find the right original or repro in the mean time, just go with my original non rallye (with aftermarket but working gages installed--also a bit of an eyesore) and the lovely tach clamped to the steering column setup. I would love to find a nice original but being a convertible and the fact that original stuff usually looks 50 years old in a car that will not after restoration, I was hoping to find reliable new equipment that actually fits right and operates right.
I need new dash pad also so now I am really wondering about a good source for it. The joys of restoring our mighty Mopars.

70cuda50

Reaction score
one more bit of info: The instruments themselves are boxed in black and yellow OER boxes.

rogue

Reaction score
i didn't know instrument specialties did dash pads... and it wasn't clear from reading through their services that they do the pads... i had two dash pads done by just dashes and was very happy with them. I had some gauges done by instrument specialties and was also happy with them
http://www.justdashes.com/

70cuda50

Reaction score
I want to convert to rally dash. Spending lots of money already on resto so I need something that looks decent but doesn't break the bank. Not that the reproductions are cheap but originals aren't either and then to probably have to get that restored...I was hoping someone has found a supplier that has reliable fitting and operating repro gauges, bezels etc. I am finding out the hard way, a lot of the new stuff is not so great. I just unboxed center console that is marginal but usable if the metal insert would fit. Fog light housings that won't even go together properly with bulb in them, ill fitting heater core (ok..not fitting, but will with a little easy mod...but I shouldn't have to mod). at that point I decided not to open the rallye related stuff unless I hear someone has actually successfully installed all the rallye dash components from classic industries. thanks

fk5aar

Reaction score
Graveyard cars uses IS they come out looking like factory brand new, dashes, guages, ash trays everything

Back