• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear of Hood closes not

maugrego

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help with a reason the rear off my hood 1973 does not come close to closing flush. I can push it down some after I latch it then lean on the back corners no adjustment seem to have much effect on it same on both sides thanks for any ideas greg

hood.JPG

Canuck74

Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the mounts? Is one side different than the other?

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score

The rear of the hood adjustment described above does work. Have someone hold the hood full open. Loosen the two hinge bolts at the inner fender panels on both sides and have the person push the front of the hood UP, let the front of the hinge move UP and the back of the hinge to rotate DOWN. Tighten the bolts. It may take a couple of times to get it right.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
If you can push it down when closed with everything tight. I would say your hinges are worn out

maugrego

Reaction score
The rear of the hood adjustment described above does work. Have someone hold the hood full open. Loosen the two hinge bolts at the inner fender panels on both sides and have the person push the front of the hood UP, let the front of the hinge move UP and the back of the hinge to rotate DOWN. Tighten the bolts. It may take a couple of times to get it right.
Thanks for your expertise

Back