• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rear trim--does the package tray go on top of the trim, can't remember if the trim was that wide

michael bucklew

Reaction score
IMG_1701.jpg

michael

Reaction score
Are you talking about the little dip in the trim needs to line up with the package tray/plastic interior panel junction? I went out to my 71 challenger in the garage my package tray is under the panel and the dip is closer to the junction. I think if your plastic panel is pushed closer to the outside of car it will come closer to lining up.

michael bucklew

Reaction score
IMG_1701.jpg

Are you talking about the little dip in the trim needs to line up with the package tray/plastic interior panel junction? I went out to my 71 challenger in the garage my package tray is under the panel and the dip is closer to the junction. I think if your plastic panel is pushed closer to the outside of car it will come closer to lining up.
if i remember. the trim piece was not this wide..searching part yards to see if i can find an original piece. to me this is not correct..in the past i removed the seat back, slid out the package tray and installed speakers in the cut outs and put package tray back in, without having to do anything to the trim. would have to trim the piece to slide further in to match the cut outs

michael

Reaction score
My package tray and interior panels are repo. When I found the car previous owner had glued shag carpet onto tray and had put bulbous Kraco speakers on top. The plastic panels were originally blue he painted them white with a brush. Mine line up good enough probably better than the slip shod way our cars were slapped together by Chrysler.

Russ Furchner

Reaction score
I just replaced my rear interior panels and package tray just this past weekend. The rear panels were on-top. The rear panels fit, but are a bit wider than the originals, mine look similar to yours, I did force it into the corners more so there is less overlap. Looks like we got them from the same place. My fitment is tight every place except the notch just behind the rear window, if that bothers me, I'll find something to fill it. I still have the old panels if anybody is interested, they are in one piece, but sun baked and every incorrect fastener was used on them in the past. I'm never going to use them, but just can't bring myself to throw them away.

Back