• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD Rebuilt Lower Control Arms With Sway Bar Mount Tabs 70-74 E Body 70-72 B Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
These are a pair of rebuilt lower control arms with sway bar mount tabs on them that are used on 1970 to 1974 E-body cars, Barracuda's and Challenger's, and the 1970 to 1972 B Body line of cars. Charger, Coronet, Super Bee, Belvedere, Satellite, Road Runner, GTX

I recently found this pair on a 1971 Plymouth Satellite, but officially are for any B body car using a sway bar, from the 1970 model year until the 1972 model year. The sway bar mount tab is in a different location on the 69 and earlier B body cars. Sway bar is the same for the 1970-1974 E body line of cars.

These control arms fit and work, on any B body car from 1962 until the 1972 model year. It's where the sway bar mount tab is located on the LCA, that make them year specific to the B body line of cars.

For all you guys that are anal, date code freaks, i usually get asked for the number codes that are on these LCA's.
Ok then, here they are.
Left side LCA, on the rivet by the ball joint stud hole, 112, on the other rivet 055.
Right side LCA, on the rivet by the ball joint stud hole, 121, on the other rivet 040.

So, these were put together on the 40th day, and 55th day of 1971.
During the month of February 1971.

The First number on the rivet by the ball joint, is the year of the LCA for the car, and the others are the shift that it was produced, and the assembly line that it was manufactured on.

I have cleaned these control arms of 43 years of grease and grime, plus they have been cleaned of all the surface rust in a product called Evaporust. You finish painting them with whatever texture, and color of paint that you prefer. I will leave all that up to you, as some folks are also pretty anal what they want to use on these LCA's. Paint, cosmolene dip, or other protective product.

These control arms are not rust pitted pieces of junk like you find in the rust belt states here in America. These are one of the nicest pairs of lower control arms that i have come across, and rebuilt for re-sale. You can't go wrong starting out with parts from California, Nevada, Arizona, out here in the western states.

The rubber rebound bumpers are in excellent shape and i didn't have to replace them. The bushings alone cost me near 35.00. So if you factor in what it took to bust these LCA's off the car in the wrecking yard, then paying for them, buying the bushings, doing the press work on the bushings, i need to see $300.00 for these parts. If you don't know how to rebuild these lower control arms it can be a pain in the butt to get them done. I have a shop hydraulic press, and the factory tools to get these done correctly. Shop labor rates are $100.00 an hour where i'm at, and if i charged you 1/4 that it would be low. I have already done all the hard, dirty work for you. This is what i do as a professional auto mechanic, to help pay the bills in this life on planet earth, and to support my other hobbies, and buying other things here on this site. I can't pay my rent, go to the gas station, or grocery store, working for free, or minimum wages.

The price is "firm." I'm not interested in any kind of trades, offers, other than my stated price.

$300.00 for the parts, + the FEDEX'ing to your zip code, with insurance, and signature delivery charges applied, + 3% Pay Pal fee.

Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Oops, don't know how my AAR, T/A air cleaner picture from a previous posting got in this ad, so please disregard that picture.
I don't know how to delete it, and not that computer literate navigating around, or posting on this board.

LCA B & E Body Rebuilt 011.jpg

LCA B & E Body Rebuilt 010 (Small).jpg

LCA B & E Body Rebuilt 006 (Small).jpg

LCA B & E Body Rebuilt 004 (Small).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ramenth

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, don't know how my AAR, T/A air cleaner picture from a previous posting got in this ad, so please disregard that picture.
I don't know how to delete it, and not that computer literate navigating around, or posting on this board.

Taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back