• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Recommendations for new dash pads?

Odin

Reaction score
I need to replace the cracked original black, single speaker, A/C dash pad in my 1971 Challenger. Who do you guys recommend?

rklein71

Reaction score
I sent mine off to Dashpad Pros and was very pleased.

IMG_3745.JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
Turnaround was very fast with Dashpad Pros. You pay more and have a longer wait if you insist on your steel core be used. I didn't care about having the original core back so I got my dash done in a couple of weeks. Just to be clear, my replacement core was Mopar steel, not ABS.

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Check with Bob at ABC Moparts. They are recovering the original steel cores and the retail is approximately $750 with a good usable core. I picked up three of them in various configurations this year at the Nats.

Odin

Reaction score
I ended up going with Tim at DashPad Pros for $669 plus a $195 core charge and $66 shipping. He said it should only take a few weeks

Bob Hunsel

Reaction score
I need to replace the cracked original black, single speaker, A/C dash pad in my 1971 Challenger. Who do you guys recommend?
Just Dashes can repair your original dash pad to better than new condition. I used them on my Cuda and was extremely satisfied.

aussiemark

Reaction score
It looks like I may have to get one with the ABS core I have found some rust in the RHS of my core the thing that worries me is when I rivet the VIN tag on it will probably crack the plastic core I am thinking maybe put a thin washer on the end of the rivet so it doesn't pull through as much.

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
Be aware if your wanting to use the "Correct" style rivets, that there was the standard length and a longer rivet for the E-Body padded dash pads.

Odin

Reaction score
It looks like I may have to get one with the ABS core I have found some rust in the RHS of my core the thing that worries me is when I rivet the VIN tag on it will probably crack the plastic core I am thinking maybe put a thin washer on the end of the rivet so it doesn't pull through as much.
You can still buy a steel core replacement dash pad, but you will not get the core charge (usually $195) refunded if your core is not in rebuildable condition.

Odin

Reaction score
Thank all of you. I already ordered and received the new one from Dash Pad Pros. It might be a few months before I get it installed though

DrEamer

Reaction score
Thank all of you. I already ordered and received the new one from Dash Pad Pros. It might be a few months before I get it installed though

Pictures, thoughts on the finished product? I'm a little ways away from needing this done, but would like to hear what you think of their product.

Odin

Reaction score
Pictures, thoughts on the finished product? I'm a little ways away from needing this done, but would like to hear what you think of their product.
I haven’t even opened the box yet to be honest

Back