• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Replace T-handle with 70 knob?

Iguana

Reaction score
Hello,
What parts on the shifter mechanism would need to be replaced in order to switch a Slap Stik T-handle from a 71 to 74 with the round knob from the 70? I added a cub holder that is taking up space in that area and I think the round shift knob would look and function better there (after dying it black like the other thread on here). The car started life as a yellow 72 6 cylinder and now is black with a 440, so keeping it original is definitely not a factor.
Thanks!

0409211733a_HDR.jpg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I think you would have to replace the basic shifter itself. Everything else should be the same.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 149

scar426

Reaction score
Hello,
What parts on the shifter mechanism would need to be replaced in order to switch a Slap Stik T-handle from a 71 to 74 with the round knob from the 70? I added a cub holder that is taking up space in that area and I think the round shift knob would look and function better there (after dying it black like the other thread on here). The car started life as a yellow 72 6 cylinder and now is black with a 440, so keeping it original is definitely not a factor.
Thanks!

View attachment 82386
On a side note, how does that cup holder work for you? does it fit lets say like a Yeti size cup, or only small cups and maybe soda cans/bottles? Thanks.

Iguana

Reaction score
Thanks Rapidfire. And scar426, I really like it. It fits cans pretty snugly, so I don't know if Yeti is wider? I don't LOVE the way it looks, but with no AC, having something to drink is worth it. And it comes out easily because it mounts with one extra long screw into a factory screw hole.
Mopar Plug & Chug Double Drink Holder | CupHoldersPlus
Mopar Double Drink Holder

scar426

Reaction score
Thanks Rapidfire. And scar426, I really like it. It fits cans pretty snugly, so I don't know if Yeti is wider? I don't LOVE the way it looks, but with no AC, having something to drink is worth it. And it comes out easily because it mounts with one extra long screw into a factory screw hole.
Iguana, thanks for the reply. Yeah I had seen them on that website before, just couldn't get a feel for how big they were. I agree with the beverage necessity, lol.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
Now, they just need to sell a pee bottle..😁

Back