• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Retractable shoulder belt

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
what year did Challenger and Barracuda go to retractable shoulder belts? Were rear seat shoulder belts added at the same time?

quapman

Reaction score
1974. I've never seen rear shoulder belts in an E body.

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
1974. I've never seen rear shoulder belts in an E body.
Thanks for the reply, a few years ago at Carlisle I was looking at 72,73,74 models and remember somthing different about the seat belts and hard plastic versus soft bucket seat backs, I must be out to lunch on rear shoulder belts

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
I recall some cars the front shoulder belt cam out of the same retractor as the lap belt, and some the retractor was below the rear window crank where my 71 has ash trays, different years? Anyone anyone

lastcuda

Reaction score
74 Cuda shoulder belt retractor is in the side panel below the rear window crank and lap belt retractor is bolted to floor below sill plate. Ash tray is in back end of console and seat backs are soft upholstered.

Nicuda70

Reaction score
My 70 Barracuda had a shoulder belt attached to the roof line - non-retracable. and seperate buckle attached to the floor with the lap belt. I've since removed them and replaced with a 3- point harness from WESCO

benlavigne

Reaction score
Rear seat shoulder belts for coupes were available in1970 (C14), as were front shoulder belts for convertibles, both extremely rare options...
should12.jpg
should11.jpg
should10.jpg

Ben

Back