• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Road Wheel 14 x 6" Back Space

71vett4spd

Reaction score
I have 2 wheels stamped 3699331 and one stamped 3580065 They all are 14 x 6" I'd like to know if back spacing is the same on all 14 x 6 road wheels. I'm trying to locate a fourth wheel to make a set but I don't want to buy a fourth that doesn't match the other three. I've found two for sale but it's a crap shoot unless all 14 x 6" wheels have the same back spacing. Does an E-body with front disc brakes make a difference compared to front drum brakes as far as backspacing is concerned.

Last edited:

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
No as far as I know the backspacing is the same. I'm not up on all of the differences in the part #s but the ones you listed are for later B and F body cars. I seem to recall some had gray hoops and others black hoops and there may be differences in the finish of the spokes too I think, I forget, but the backspacing should be fine regardless. By then pretty much everything went to front discs as standard. E-body road wheels were all 14x5.5 but they would work whether the car had discs or drums, they didn't offer different wheels depending on that. And no reason not to run 14x6s, I have a set of those on my 73 myself. Can use slightly more tire comfortably and still retain a factory look.

71vett4spd

Reaction score
Thank you very much. What size did you go with, I want to use as big as I can. How's the revs at high speeds(60-75) with your 14's Of couarse I know it matters what axle ration and trans. I plan on 440 and 727 with like 3:36?-3:42?

Steve340

Reaction score
The tyre choice for 14 inch is not great these days. Use a 60 or 70 series tyre. I am not even sure what is available these days.
Mine is about 2600 RPM at 60 MPH with an A833 transmission with 3.23 axle ratio.

Back