• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rotisserie help

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Can someone tell me a way to set my cuda on the rotisserie so i can spin it with 1 hand like they do on youtube? Is there any marks to line it up with.

70chall440

Reaction score
No there isn't any marks, what you have to do is set the front where you want it and then adjust the rear up or down (usually down). The car will sit down in the back and slightly high in the front. You have to think about where the center of gravity is for the car.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
No there isn't any marks, what you have to do is set the front where you want it and then adjust the rear up or down (usually down). The car will sit down in the back and slightly high in the front. You have to think about where the center of gravity is for the car.
So the car is not supposed to be level?

Cudachuck

Reaction score
No, it will be top heavy if it is level.
Ok i got the cuda up on the rotisserie and both sides are the same height. When im turning the car on to its side it get very hard to do once i get about 3/4 of the way... And im afaird to turn it upside down. Should i raise or lower the car on the axis to get the center of gravity?

Cudachuck

Reaction score
For me to get it like this i had to pull on the top post and step on the left attach bar

Attachments

• 20210724_153519.jpg
    20210724_153519.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 146

70chall440

Reaction score
Ok i got the cuda up on the rotisserie and both sides are the same height. When im turning the car on to its side it get very hard to do once i get about 3/4 of the way... And im afaird to turn it upside down. Should i raise or lower the car on the axis to get the center of gravity?
Raise the front end or lower the rear end a little at a time, try turning it after each adjustment. It should get slightly easier and over time you should be about to get it to where you can rotate it pretty easy. Just remember to keep it high enough so that the roof will clear your bottom center bar.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Raise the front end or lower the rear end a little at a time, try turning it after each adjustment. It should get slightly easier and over time you should be about to get it to where you can rotate it pretty easy. Just remember to keep it high enough so that the roof will clear your bottom center bar.
Will give it a try...

Cuda416

Reaction score
If it's bottom heavy, there's too much below the centerline of the rotisserie. Like ballast on a ship. You're going to have to raise something up. I'd think the back end since there's more weight towards the back of the car but you'll need to "feel" it to be sure.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
If it's bottom heavy, there's too much below the centerline of the rotisserie. Like ballast on a ship. You're going to have to raise something up. I'd think the back end since there's more weight towards the back of the car but you'll need to "feel" it to be sure.

Sal C

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help i got it balanced right and now i can flip it with ease!!!

Chuck, Can you tell me what did it for you to get it balanced? I'm in the same boat with mine now. I have it mounted on the rotisserie, it's definitely bottom-heavy. I have the rear raised as high as I can to center (of the pivot point on the rot.) My front is level with the rear tho. It took two of us to get it turned as far as it is in the pic, I can't get it any farther, would like to get it to 90 deg. One other question is do you have your doors, hood, & deck lid on? I have just the shell, no doors or hood or deck lid yet. Maybe that's some of my issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks...

20231008_132533.jpg

20231008_131832.jpg

scar426

Reaction score
Looks like you need to raise the back riser up further (where you see the roller). Front looks to be at least 2 or 3 holes higher than the rear.

Sal C

Reaction score
Looks like you need to raise the back riser up further (where you see the roller). Front looks to be at least 2 or 3 holes higher than the rear.

Thanks. When I got home last not I stepped back and took a look at it. I could clearly see the pivot point was way too high in the front. I lowered the front and it became much easier to turn, it's still not where it needs to be but I also have to put the fenders, doors, hood, & deck on.

I guess the confusing part for me is there's pivot point adjustment and a height adjustment (using the bottle jack). Height doesn't matter once the pivot point is balanced, although you have to raise and lower the height uniformly once it's balanced.

I'll get all the panels on and rebalance the pivot point. Thanks...

Sal C

Reaction score
Closing the loop on getting mine to balance. I have it balanced well now, I can easily spin it myself. As said in my previous post, the key is to get it balanced at the pivot points and to keep them as level as possible (see before/after pic). Simple geometry. But after I did that I was out of adjustment on my rotisserie, and I had to modify my rear brackets to raise the car another 6". That did the trick, gave me more adjustment back.)

Hope this helps someone in the future...

before and after (1).jpg

20231015_112625 (Large).jpg

20231015_112608 (Large).jpg

Back