• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Running pallet motor

Pyro273

Reaction score
Guys,

Seriously considering the restomod route for a project car and I am wondering if the investment in a complete engine and tranny drive train that's palletized and running from someone like Cleveland Power is worth it or not. How much hassle does having all of the electronics and wiring remove from the equation? Can I really reuse that harness or does it just become a physical schematic to follow in building a complete new one?

Thoughts?

Pyro

motobro

Reaction score
I have talked to Bouchillion performance
About a 6.4 for my 73 challenger.
They can provide a turnkey kit with everything you need to make it happen.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
See my posts and this picture. I bought the turn key motor and elec from Chrysler direct. You won't beat the warranty or cost (use an employee discount like I did, called in a favor from a buddy)

Pm me if you want to know the jest of it all. It's not too scary to do and holy **** is it fast. I need drag radial tires now.

IMG_6812.JPG

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
What’s a ballpark $$ range to do this swap?
Never mind I zoomed in and see the $$ awesome thanks.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
If you talley the list in the photo and use what you need (I have other items upgraded since I was doing this . I.e. Steering gear box, new pig, brakes as the big items). For everything I've done it is $30k. The motor and tranny were $14k of that.

My cat wa Le an auto so I kept it that way and I personally did not want to start cutting floor boards. A five speed would be wonderful though. But now I'm good. I get on avg 17.5mpg.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
I have a 340 4 speed now and am getting tired of shifting. Ya it’s fun but that’s only 10% of the time I’m driving it. I’m mostly just cruising, 4 speed is a pain in traffic. I’m looking at an auto trans.
Thanks

Cudafor36

Reaction score
I used the four speed auto by Silver Sport Transmisisons. It's not a perfect fit as they claim but once you know why it would be better. I should have just went with the a833 from Chrysler but could not get enough Intel on it and how to control it when I was ready to order. The tunnel would need some massaging as well. But you would have a five speed then.

Right now at 70mph I'm at 2900 rpm. Not too shabby. Right where my '07 Durango runs.

Back