• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rusty fender tag who does a #1 repop

spchallenger340

Reaction score
I have a rusty fender tag that you can still read but would like to have a new repop. Does anybody know of a business that does a dead on copy. Forget Galen you have a better chance of talking to Jesus before he returns a call.

Last edited:

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Check this place out

Check this place out, I have never used their service so I can`t comment on it.Please post how you make out I am in need of a new tag too just don`t want to spend the money on it yet.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I could use this info too, the tag for my A66 needs to be replaced. Is your `70 an original 340 car? It's very nice.

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Yes an original 340 four barrel a66 performance package car, Six Pack added, and thanks for the compliment, It's been a labor of Love since 1972, and believe me I was Mopar when Mopar wasn't COOL!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes an original 340 four barrel a66 performance package car, Six Pack added, and thanks for the compliment, It's been a labor of Love since 1971, and believe me I was Mopar when Mopar wasn't COOL!

What is the build date? Have you seen the thread on Moparts on these cars? Did the ralley hood come on it and did it have an actual emblem or a decal for the engine callout? These cars are very interesting to me, R/T's but not.

spchallenger340

Reaction score
The build date is AO8 - Oct 8 1969, and yes it did come with a BLACK OUT RALLYE HOOD with the 340 Four Barrel call out, chromed pot metal EMBLEM

Last edited:

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Did you buy that A66 new?
No the car had 33000 miles on it 11/02/72 , I couldn't afford 4500 dollars for a new car back then, I waited a few years and only had to pay 2100 dollars for the car I talk the dealership down $100

spchallenger340

Reaction score
No I couldn't afford $4500 to $5500 for a new car, I had to wait a few years and brought the car for $2100 with 33000 miles on the car.The dealership was asking $2200 and next to it was a superbird but I thought it was ugly back then with that long nose you couldn't see over the hood, It was for sale for $3300, now I wish I should have would have known

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hindsite, nice Challenger though. I may hit you up for some info when I start the resto of mine. Have you completely restored yours, or is it mostly original? Did it come with 15" ralleys?

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Its been completely restored , a lot of parts got chrome instead of painted, remember make it the way you like it, I'll tell you this it drives the purist nuts! It my baby and I do what I like, and yes it came with 15 inch rallye wheels,in the 70s I got $60.00 on a trade in on my 15 inch S/S CRAGARS , now she wears 17 inch direct bolt on, not un-lugs

Last edited:

spchallenger340

Reaction score
fender tags

I,m still waiting for somebody to tell me who does a good job - I know their is a number of vendors that make them, but are they any good to bad Dave at ECS Automotive Concepts didn't provide this service , I know it would be perfectly done. There is Data tags a new one called Marti Auto Works .I'm a machinist by trade so I'm kind of anal about perfection, I'm not a purist are my car would still have the stock wheels on it. Just like my motor isn't stock I have the need for speed, so 450 built HP :Dis more fun to drive then stock horsepower. As <---- you can see from my picture I can't drive 55!

Last edited:
Back