• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sad AAR- Old Pic in Salvage Yard

340challconvert

Reaction score
Sad AAR- Old Pic in Salvage Yard
1648468839566.png

hemi71x

Reaction score
I took that picture.
Late 70's, or early 80's at Mather Auto Wreckers, Sacramento, Commiefornia.
They were a Mopar only, wrecking yard, back in the dinosaur days, out here in Northern California.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Dec24_12 (Small).JPG

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
There was an old AAR here in Detroit in a junk yard in the 80's that I was able to get the console and shifter linkage out of. I tried to buy the entire shell but they wouldn't sell it.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Sure wish I could go back in time to a salvage yard like that! I used to salvage parts from all types of performance e bodies back then.
I took that picture.
Late 70's, or early 80's at Mather Auto Wreckers, Sacramento, Commiefornia.
They were a Mopar only, wrecking yard, back in the dinosaur days, out here in Northern California.
Jim V.
hemi71x

View attachment 92351

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I've never seen a cuda ebody in a junk yard. Been to a ton of yards but the e's are all gone it seems.
Yal old timers are lucky that you got to pull parts from cars that are so sought after!

hemi71x

Reaction score
I
Sure wish I could go back in time to a salvage yard like that! I used to salvage parts from all types of performance e bodies back then.
Back in the day, Mather Auto Wreckers was well known throughout Northern, Central, California, and beyond, for the hugh inventory of cars, and parts, that they had in their inventory.
They were the place to go to, back in the muscle car days, for what you needed.
The 340 6 pack engines they had came out of those T/A's and AAR's.
Back in the day when Mather Air Force Base was going gangbusters, there were lots of military from all over the states, here with their muscle cars.
I had 2 cars.
A 71 426 Hemi GTX 4 speed car, and a 71 Cuda 383 car, then 440's with 6 pack, that i raced at Sacramento Raceway, all the time, on Wednesday nights.
I remember a Air Force captain, B-52 Navigator, that would putter around base in a dual quad, tunnel rammed 440, in a 68 Charger.
Lot of good that car did him, when the speed limit on base is 25 MPH.
But somewhat higher, on the road out to base housing.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Great memories!
Back in the day, Mather Auto Wreckers was well known throughout Northern, Central, California, and beyond, for the hugh inventory of cars, and parts, that they had in their inventory.
They were the place to go to, back in the muscle car days, for what you needed.
The 340 6 pack engines they had came out of those T/A's and AAR's.
Back in the day when Mather Air Force Base was going gangbusters, there were lots of military from all over the states, here with their muscle cars.
I had 2 cars.
A 71 426 Hemi GTX 4 speed car, and a 71 Cuda 383 car, then 440's with 6 pack, that i raced at Sacramento Raceway, all the time, on Wednesday nights.
I remember a Air Force captain, B-52 Navigator, that would putter around base in a dual quad, tunnel rammed 440, in a 68 Charger.
Lot of good that car did him, when the speed limit on base is 25 MPH.
But somewhat higher, on the road out to base housing.

1fast383fish

Reaction score
I remember when I came across a B5 1970 Charger that had just been flat bedded to a salvage yard on RT. 46 in NJ past Boonton; i called the salvage yard early in the morning looking for parts for my 69 Charger and they told me that a Charger was getting picked up and brought to the yard but he didn't have any idea what year or shape it was in. I lived in Dover NJ at the time so I got to the salvage yard as they were unloading the car and my jaw dropped because this car was intact nothing missing 383ci 727 black top black interior. To this day I kick myself for not trying to buy it didn't have any room at my parents house for another Charger so I bought some parts from the interior.

Back