• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SCAMMERS HERE AND HOW TO HANDLE THEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a message from Joey from one of his other sites about scammers: Report the post or pm you think may be suspicious and we can handle it from there. Thanks.

"Usually, they will respond to "Wanted to Buy" ads by private message, giving an email address to respond to. They usually have recently joined FBBO and have few or no posts.

If you respond they wont want payment by PayPal, and will say their PayPal account or dormant or something like that. They will almost always ask for a money order for payment.

I cannot advice strong enough that you don't send a money order to someone you don't know well. Sending a money order is like sending cash, there is very little you can do in the event you are scammed. This is why the scammers ask for money orders. They are easy to cash and all but impossible to stop payment on or do anything with if you get scammed. Think of it like leaving $100 bill on a bar and going to the bathroom. There is a good chance it wont be there where you come back and nobody will be able to help you.

I cannot stress strongly enough that you should not use Money Orders unless you know the person your sending the money to fairly well. In my personal opinion, the safest way is to use PayPal for all online transactions unless you know the person your sending money to. Its not perfect, but its the safest in my opinion.

We do what we can to protect FBBO members, but in instances like this we cannot do a lot without your help. If you get a PM from someone like described above, let a staff member know right away and we will look into the member.

Thank you for listening.

Joeychgo, Admin"

Last edited:

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you see any strange posts or suspicious activity, hit the "Report" button. The report button is on every page here.

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump. A member got ripped off. Read this thread and be protected from scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back