• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SE Challenger

ceedog

Reaction score
Were all SE cars R/Ts? Might have a chance to get one, 383 engine

One of few

Reaction score
I’ve got the JH29 version, if it’s the 383 with 8.5:1 compression, a 2bbl set up, smog equipment that looks like an 8 row tomato picker - you’ve found yourself a very rare car.
Only made that 1 year, and my word of warning is look close at the interior - that 1 piece headliner isn’t something you can find easily, along with many other parts on that car, like that 1 piece tail panel.

ceedog

Reaction score
I’ve got the JH29 version, if it’s the 383 with 8.5:1 compression, a 2bbl set up, smog equipment that looks like an 8 row tomato picker - you’ve found yourself a very rare car.
Only made that 1 year, and my word of warning is look close at the interior - that 1 piece headliner isn’t something you can find easily, along with many other parts on that car, like that 1 piece tail panel.
I’ll talk with the guy again he wants to trade for something I have. I first said no but maybe now..

One of few

Reaction score
If you take the plunge, and restore a JH29, make sure you bag/tag/save and preserve the parts - you’ll never know what you might have to recondition and reuse.

ceedog

Reaction score
I would hope the car is as complete as possible , SE stuff is hard to get as mentioned .
Last time I saw it was about 25 years ago in storage. He had engine out and repainted it yellow, it didn’t interest me at the time so I didn’t look it over to good. Been in the closed barn-workshop ever since.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Any pictures? What color?

Welcome aboard!

340challconvert

Reaction score
ceedog
:welcome: to FEBO
An SE Challenger is a unique car with many added features that make it stand out; as mentioned, the special header panel in the interior with the overhead console, "special edition" door inserts, leather and or cloth insert seats, the belt molding on the doors and top of quarter panels, top of hood and fender moldings, a rear trunk panel above the tail lights, front splash pan moldings, small rear window with a special plug insert and mandatory vinyl roof. The car may also have the M25 rocker moldings as an added option in addition to the SE package chrome (A63). It is a rare car with the 383; the two barrel L code 383, 1306 were made. The 383 N code engine, there were only 814 made.
Look to make sure most of the SE features are there; buying pieces if you can find them are costly. It is a great car to restore and best of luck with your acquisition.

One of few

Reaction score
Here’s a bad photo of my fender tag. Is the L31 the engine designation?

F493B257-7177-4CCD-AE51-19DADA5CE1C7.jpeg

ceedog

Reaction score
Tom and I will have to talk first then look at his car and he look at my truck to see if he really wants to trade. Way to many maybes right now. But I appreciate the interest.

340challconvert

Reaction score
One of few
The engine code is E61 =383-2 along with the L code in the serial number indicating same.
You have an early production car; A08 (October 8, 1969)

ceedog

Reaction score
We talked again today, the way he talked it sounds like he’s backing out on the offer. Time will tell

Captainmopar

Reaction score
This is my 70 SE , JH29 383, has original drive train, also has factory air. Not all original as has had heads ,4barrel intake, headers, and hood replaced.

18CABAD5-D29F-442E-A1CF-525644DC3C94.jpeg

Back