• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seat Belt Rerbishment

money pit

Reaction score
My seat belts are pretty sun faded. Is it possible to clean and dye the seat belts? Thanks

money pit

Reaction score
Somewhat depends on the color but generally yes.
The seat belts are supposed to be black but they are light grey. Do you know what they of product I would use to restore the color? Thanks

floyd

Reaction score
Google Rit Dye. I used the “all purpose” version years ago with good results. They have a dye for “synthetic” fabrics now that may even work better. Craft stores like Michael’s also carry that kind of thing.

money pit

Reaction score
Google Rit Dye. I used the “all purpose” version years ago with good results. They have a dye for “synthetic” fabrics now that may even work better. Craft stores like Michael’s also carry that kind of thing.
Great. Thanks

fk5aar

Reaction score
John rimmel can restore them to new, that is the best bet if you have the money, he did my burnt orange set for my challenger

70rag

Reaction score
My belts were very faded/dirty. I boiled them with several water changes, until the water was clean. Then I "fogged" them with black spray dye and wiped the excess off which allowed the pressure to "push" the die into the fabric and also preventing the stiffness that comes with spray dye. The results are original looking FANTASTIC. I am so happy with the results. You can see the before and after in the picture.

Attachments

• Seat belt.jpg
    Seat belt.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Back