• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seat stop bumper

Sebastian

Reaction score
Hi,

could someone tell my the difference of the bumpers in the bottom part of the seats?
I see these for sale
M198648916.jpg

But i have two of those in my seats
2018-12-23-12-38-32.jpg

Thanks

BSG

Reaction score
I ran in to that same dilemma and tried to use those hard bushings and just went back to the original springs with the new screw...

Sebastian

Reaction score
Do you have a source for the black bumpers with the spring? I only have one complete and one is missing the spring. There should be two stops in each seat.
2018-12-23-10-49-29.jpg

And is it a production year thing what kind of stop is installed?
I know that i dont have my factory seats installed but they should be e-body.

BSG

Reaction score
When I got my car 30 some odd years ago it was a virgin. It came with one spring stop on each frt seat and one latch on each seat. I don't think there is room on the seat frame structure for 2

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yes, you might be right...it seems my seats only had the stoppers on each inner side.
But curious why the drawing shows two stops per seat.
Maybe its a 70 only thing to use the white ones without spring and then two of those on each side?
Would be nice to know.

Anyway i am looking for one black stopper with spring now - please let me know if someone has one in his stash.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Hard white bumpers are whats on my 70. I would guess the springs started in 72(late71?) The illustration is showing bench and buckets so it’s a little confusing.

Back