• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seized parking brake - Help

augustacuda

Reaction score
Set parking brake on my 71 Cuda for the first time ever and it had good pedal pressure and released back but brake is still engaged because the car wont move. When holding the release lever there is play in the parking brake pedal.... Is there any tricks to release without removing the hub before I dig in? Any other info or tips once there would be helpful to fix the problem.
Thank you!

sixpactogo

Reaction score
What worked for me when that happened is I clamped a visegrip on the cable where it comes out of the sheath ahead of the left rear wheel. Smacked it with a hammer to pull it back out of the sheath since that is where it more than likely is not letting go. Without releasing it, I doubt you would get the drum off. You may have to do the same to the right wheel too. Then, either replace the cables or don't ever use the E brake again.

augustacuda

Reaction score
What worked for me when that happened is I clamped a visegrip on the cable where it comes out of the sheath ahead of the left rear wheel. Smacked it with a hammer to pull it back out of the sheath since that is where it more than likely is not letting go. Without releasing it, I doubt you would get the drum off. You may have to do the same to the right wheel too. Then, either replace the cables or don't ever use the E brake again.
That sounds like a plan....Yeah E brake use was a mistake. Thank you for the help!!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
First picture shows adjusting rod on right.loosen and pull on cables as suggested. 2 nd picture shows the proper place for the S hook.

20210427_101042.jpg

20210604_131540.jpg

Back