• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker fresh air cable location on firewall

dean

Reaction score
I have a real factory 440 6pack, 1970 Challenger R/T that has had a Shaker hood and air cleaner set-up added. The fresh air cable was not done. Where on the firewall should the hole for cable be drilled? What size diameter, and what type of rubber grommet?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The cable uses one of the holes where the a/c hose comes out if the car was ordered with a/c. They are all the same bodies. I don't have a pic here right now.

js29

Reaction score
Shaker hood cars and I believe also 6 pac cars would not have A/C no room for the compressor. what I think he meant was were the hose would have gone. I do know that it goes on the right side or passenger side of the firewall.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Yes. Trying to make it clearer without a pic. If you look at the firewall of a non a/c car there are two factory punch marks where the a/c hoses would go through if the car was ordered with a/c. The punch mark closest to the drivers side of the car is used for the cable on a shaker car. These are where the upper cowl meets the lower cowl. I'll look for a pic.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Found one. shakerhole-1.jpg

shakerhole-1.jpg

dean

Reaction score
Thank you for the help w/ the picture. Thanks..........Dean

Back