• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker set Up

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Trying to complete my shaker set up but need all the guts to get it going, Does anyone have any pictures of the set up with the warm and cold air kit on it, Also theres a rod and the cable from the car and another one for the doors i think. Im new to the shaker so any help is appreciated, Also how is it set up on the side of the air cleaner i have the bracket that spins.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Thanks for the parts info but I'm looking to see how it actually mounts on the shaker. I see no mounting points on my set up. Do these parts all mount to the base plate or the shaker scoop itself. Is there a picture of the components installed on it.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
I also would like to know what size hole is needed for the cable threw the fire wall ?

KennyCuda

Reaction score
The cable coming out of the car does it mount on the top post or bottom of the bracket coming off the side of the base plate

terrywalker

Reaction score
The cable coming out of the car does it mount on the top post or bottom of the bracket coming off the side of the base plate

Shaker Air Doors Installed.jpg

Shaker Air Doors 1.jpg

Shaker Cable Pivot.jpg

Here's a few.
Terry

terrywalker

Reaction score
Some more. Cable from shaker doors goes to top post of pivot.
Terry

Shaker Cold Air Door 2.jpg

Shaker Grille Bolts.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
That a great thanks so much so the cable from the car is on the bottom ? Is there a small cotter pin that holds the cables on the posts? Would you know what size hole i need to drill to put the cable threw.

terrywalker

Reaction score
That a great thanks so much so the cable from the car is on the bottom ? Is there a small cotter pin that holds the cables on the posts? Would you know what size hole i need to drill to put the cable threw.
No cotter pin or clip holds the cable on. The loop just slips over the post. The cable is so stiff, it doesn't come off posts because of attaching screws are right at the pivot. Mine has been this way for the 48 years I've owned the car. The hole is big enough to accept the cable boot. Unfortunately, I cannot get to the car easily right now as it's covered because I'm painting another car in my shop. Maybe someone else has the size of the hole. The cable from the inside of car is on the bottom. There's a difference in how the cables ends and how they are screwed to the pivot. See the photo.
Terry

terrywalker

Reaction score
Oops, I guess I should attach the photo. It uses a clip to clamp it to the pivot bracket. See previous photo to see the clip.
Terry

Shaker air door cable.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry your a life saver these pictures should get me threw it on the front smaller duct are those 3 studs that screw into the bubble and then mounts with screws? Looks like it. The cable in the shaker goes from the rod to the side of the base plate is that right. Kenny

terrywalker

Reaction score
Cable goes from air door rod to pivot on side of base plate. Here's another photo of 5 studs in bubble.
Terry

Shaker Grille 1.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry thanks so much wheres the best place for parts year one ?

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry is the cable secured in two places onto the scoop ?

terrywalker

Reaction score
Terry is the cable secured in two places onto the scoop ?
You can see the cable is attached in the first two pics I sent with a screw throuvh the bracket molded on cable behind cold air door. The cable is then suppose to sit in the little saddle molded into the scoop and then in the next to last pic I sent, the cable is clamped under the flat washer just before it exits the bubble. A couple of places I know of for parts is www.shakerhood.com and www.tommythechryco.ca

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry do you have a picture of the passenger side of your engine compartment where i might be able to see the shaker cable coming threw

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry see the 2 dimples on the firewall ( just behind the coil there side by side)i think i use the one on the left as you look at the picture for the cable to go threw. What do you think

IMG_6029.JPG

terrywalker

Reaction score
Terry do you have a picture of the passenger side of your engine compartment where i might be able to see the shaker cable coming threw
I might have one. It's hard for me to get to the car now as I am painting another car and my 71 is behind the plastic wall and covered up. I'll see.
Terry

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Ok thanks ill figure it out thanks for all your help sorry to be a pest but now i know how to set this up thanks to you

Back